Hunting in Kauai, Hawaii

Dead Head

Has anybody hunted in hawaii for hogs or sheep or have any good outfitters that they can pass along some information?

Different island, but the Parker Ranch offers hunts. I've always wanted to visit that place.
http://hunt.parkerranch.com/

I would love to have a 20ga in Hawaii for the chickens!! I could entertain myself for a LONG time with those... ;)

I hunted goats on Kauai back in the mid 90's. Hunted along the Na Pali coast on the north end of the island. I belive the area was/is archery only. Crazy rugged and lots of rain, but a good trail to get back in. I met a local hunter on the trail who told me most of the goats were 5+ miles in. I didn't shoot a goat, but my new bride and I had a great time hiking trecherous mountain trails in the rain on our honeymoon. Watch the river crossings in the rain.

The beauty of that island is if you want sun and warm beaches go to the south side of the island, if you want to hunt go to the north side. Either way no more than an hour or so from Lihue.

At that time I bought my license over the counter in Lihue.

Don't know about hogs.

I was there last week, and got to look at a big old boar some guys had just killed.
Gorgeous area and I bet it'd be a blast to hunt. If I were going after goats, I'd do it myself, hogs I'd hire someone with dogs.

There's also a huntable herd of Columbian Blacktail on the West edge. Thought that was pretty cool.
have you looked at Niihau? Sounds like there's quite a bit of hunting going on over there.

I never thought of Hawaii as a place to go hunting but after reading this and doing some research I may have to start saving up for a trip. I wonder how my wife will take the idea.

If you go, bring a hot gal with you like IDBugler did. It helps in the hunt..... And Even if it doesn't, the pictures for us are better ;)

Bugler is a Hawaiian and has family there. I'm sure he'll give you some info but his wife and him are about to have child any day now so I'm guessing HuntTalk forums are probably far from his mind..

Nothing like going on vacation and hunting in the same trip !!!!

Kauai, Hawaii

Thanks for all the repley's...... I'am planning a Honeymoon / Hunting Trip i think the two go good together.. I will run in the hills for a day or two and she can hit the spa... I would love to chase some goats around rather then some pigs but if there in the sights i guess i would shoot..Anymore info would be helpful thanks again for all the info...

Dead Head. Also check out the island of Lanai.. I am in the process of trying to put together a hunting/ sportfishing trip. I am working a sportfishing boat out of Maui at the moment that we are thinking of running this kind of trip. you could hunt upland birds, Mouflon sheep or Axis deer on Lanai one or two days then big game fishing another. Overnighting on the boat or staying in one of the resorts on the island. Still in the planning stages but doable.

Kauai, Hawaii

Ridgerunner... What are you looking at for prices for a day hunt and a day on the boat sportfishing.. Is there any ferel goats on that island that we could mix in there too.. Would love to bring my bow, is that possible or rifle the only way to go for a sure kill.. I can kill upland birds every day in south dakota so maybe just the big game if it's possible....

Thanks Again for all the info ....

Am I the only one who wasn't thinking about hunting critters on my Honeymoon?:confused:): You've got some sort of focus my friend. Good luck on the hunts.

Hunting Kauai

Hey guys Im from Kauai and been hunting my entire life. Everything from bowhunting to dog and knife for boars. We got blacktail deer also but they are really hard to get but the goats and pigs are plentiful. Th e napali coast is a really good place to bowhunt if you are looking to spend a few days camping you will have a good chance to get a shot on some pigs and goats. Waimea canyon is another good place for goats also.

Ohau, Lanai, Molokai, Big Island, Yes. Kauai, No. If I can help with the other 4, PM me. Axis, boar, turkey, sheep......

http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/recreation/files/2013/09/GameMammalHuntingRegs_Chap123.pdf

Click on the link and there is a list of public land accessible for hunting.

This thread has piqued my interest as the wife is wanting to take a topical vacation, and we both want to go to Hawaii (its in the U.S...no passport needed, and we have rights there lol).

Im wondering if she would notice if my Bow was thrown in with the luggage.........

I am all ears for any info you guys have on hunting Hawaii. Man what a trip that'd be.....hunting in paradise!

Last edited:
Here's my brother's axis he took on Lanai. He also took a spike for meat as well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back