MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hunting from ground blind

Jigmaker

Wasn't sure where to put this. I am hunting from a ground blind (archery) it has shoot thru windows has anyone shot thru these want to know if it will deflect the arrow? I am using Rage mechanicals.

Thanks

I would have to try it on a target, but I can't imagine a mechanical making it through a 'shoot through' window and making it to the point of aim. I know I wouldn't try it on a critter.

Since I don't bow hunt, I don't know this for a fact, but was told this by someone who does bowhunt.

They claimed that the mesh doesn't affect fixed broadheads; but can affect mechanical broadheads to a certain degree. According to them, just how much it affects them is based on distance of the shot and speed of the bow.

Not enough impact to worry about. This has been tested heavily with all types of heads and found to be a none issue. Personal experience found this true as well.

I have a matrix 360 with numerous holes in the screen, no issues with fixed position broad heads, since I dont shoot mechanicals I cant answer to that. Good luck!

I've never used the mesh on my blinds.. especially since I used to shoot Rage, now I might try it with my SlickTricks, but I've had plenty good luck leaving a window open on each corner of blind and then brushing it in so its just a tall narrow hole to shoot thru...just have to be patient with your shot and choice of time to draw. Shot whitetails as close at 12 feet this way.

Back