Hunting cabin

Those isolated spots not easy to find are so peaceful. It takes skis or snowshoes to get to our cabin this time of year. We snowshoed in for a couple days last week. The image below greeted us as we climbed the slope. Lately the wind has been howling, but when it's not I swear you can hear snowflakes fall in this serene draw.

Ridgerock Cabin.jpgWe haul water in and heat with a boxwood stove. A solar panel lights the LED light used for lighting the scrabble games. Two burner propane stove for cooking, as well as small BBQ grille, and rock firepit which is in front of the cabin but now buried in snow.

Last edited:
I prefer Leave No Trace. It's why I haven't relocated back to Montana in my retirement and only return to visit during hunting season. I want to help it stay the same. The Flathead Valley was a great place to grow up. Looking at what it's become today breaks my heart. I see it happening to the East Side now too. You do what you want but I won't be a part of wrecking "the last best place".

giphy.gif

You're just full of opinions, aren't you?!

Any trouble keeping vermin out?
We had a problem for awhile, continuously used DeCon and trapped. Then an ermine / weasel moved into a slash pile nearby and continues to rid the place of any mice.
Fortunately I had procrastinated about burning the slash pile - weasel home, so now it remains as a welcome place for the vermin predator.

Those isolated spots not easy to find are so peaceful. It takes skis or snowshoes to get to our cabin this time of year. We snowshoed in for a couple days last week. The image below greeted us as we climbed the slope. Lately the wind has been howling, but when it's not I swear you can hear snowflakes fall in this serene draw.

View attachment 175791We haul water in and heat with a boxwood stove. A solar panel lights the LED light used for lighting the scrabble games. Two burner propane stove for cooking, as well as small BBQ grille, and rock firepit which is in front of the cabin but now buried in snow.
This pic stays a mental image of getaway perfection....

Considering something like this, with maybe a 10ft on top for shower room.

Back