Caribou Gear Tarp

Hunters Orange Bill

Did you see how Gov. Kasich made a fool out of him the other day?

Sales made a fool of himself. Spending tax dollars on a joke should really piss off anyone who voted for him.

Just wanted to say you don't have to wear hunter orange on private land in Texas and they seem to not have a problem. Just saying maybe a different version of this bill would be better.
I'd rather be forced to wear orange than have to hunt someplace that is about 90% private
property at something behind a high fence.

Robert - those numbers are interesting, do you have a source? I may want to let some people know about Sales's fiscal responsibility. Did you see how Gov. Kasich made a fool out of him the other day?

It was last session when we looked into it. There was junk legislation then, and that's why we searched it out. One of the boys from MSA might have that info.

I missed what Gov. Kasich did.

'Just found the Gov Kasich reference. Ohio Gov Kasich, a potential Presidential candidate, visited western states and spoke. He has been describing using federal dollars to assist with medical problems in Ohio and is supportive of expanding Medicaid. Scott Sales spoke in opposition and Gov Lasich characterized Sale's rhetoric as a legitimate opinion, but one strictly ideological and not practical or accepting the reality of medical needs of constituents. Kasich also explained the traditional Republican philosophy of helping those downtrodden in order to lift their status up to providing for themselves.

Last edited:
Orange is the dumbest thing ever IMO. I wear it by choice when on a group pheasant hunt so I can easily be seen by the guy next to me, but other than that I feel like it's more for the game wardens to be able to spot us more easily.
I've read more than one study where the rate of accidents is no lower in states that require orange than no orange. I wear it when required but feel like the gov't doesn't need to be telling me what to wear. If someone wants to wear it, great, but do we really need a nanny state dressing us?
I haven't noticed animals reacting any differently to me when dressed as a pumpkin or wearing a red shirt or a purple leotard as long as I'm still and/or have something to break my outline so my irritation falls back on a group of people who have likely never hunted legislating what color hat and shirt I have to wear when I hunt. Maybe they can institute Golfers Orange laws so I can be sure where people are on the course before I unleash my Titleist downrange?

Know your target and what lies beyond. Simple concept America, simple concept.

I'm done ranting for the day.

Sales made a fool of himself. Spending tax dollars on a joke should really piss off anyone who voted for him.

Most of the tax dollars spent by elected representatives are wasted - a problem from both sides of the isle. Wasting taxpayer money is certainly not just a Republican issue.

Patrick

Most of the tax dollars spent by elected representatives are wasted - a problem from both sides of the isle. Wasting taxpayer money is certainly not just a Republican issue.

Patrick

When dollars are wasted on a admitted "joke" ,,,, well, that's a whole different problem.

'Just found the Gov Kasich reference. Ohio Gov Kasich, a potential Presidential candidate, visited western states and spoke. He has been describing using federal dollars to assist with medical problems in Ohio and is supportive of expanding Medicaid. Scott Sales spoke in opposition and Gov Lasich characterized Sale's rhetoric as a legitimate opinion, but one strictly ideological and not practical or accepting the reality of medical needs of constituents. Kasich also explained the traditional Republican philosophy of helping those downtrodden in order to lift their status up to providing for themselves.

I saw it as Sales calling Kasich a hypocrite and then getting schooled :)

Back