Hunter orange and colorado

Which part of the blaze orange requirements are you referring to? I'll copy the requirements from the CPW website and don't see a requirement for backpacks. Am I missing something?

"Not wear at least 500 square inches of solid daylight fluorescent orange or solid florescent pink material above the waist on an outer garment while hunting deer, elk, pronghorn, bear, or moose during a muzzleloading or rifle season. Part of the fluorescent orange must be a hat or head covering visible from all directions."

I usually do put a piece of blaze orange on my backpack for safety reasons but haven't seen anywhere that it is a requirement. If I am missing something please let me know as I don't want to get a fine for breaking a law I'm unaware of.
I'm all for safety and staying legal, however the actual wording says "outer garment", with no reference to wearing a pack. In the vast majority of hunters I see, and also see on hunting videos, very few have any orange on their packs, and most often the pack covers most of their backsides. I know I sure like my florescent orange breeching and orange panniers on my pack stock, as some of their coloration is similar to an Elk or Deer.

I've heard rumours of citings when the pack doesn't have orange and I've personally been told that the blaze has to be bright. A fish and game officer told me my orange puffy was not bright enough. If you wear a bino harness and a back pack there may not be 500 inches showing.

I've heard rumours of citings when the pack doesn't have orange and I've personally been told that the blaze has to be bright. A fish and game officer told me my orange puffy was not bright enough. If you wear a bino harness and a back pack there may not be 500 inches showing.
Some guys are just gonna find a way to ticket you no matter what you do.

MUST HAVE A HAT!! Dont forget this, you can and will get a ticket also make sure you have enough if you cut things up and add it to your pack.
I wear a cheap WM Vest, a HAT and I put a ORANGE raincover on my BP.
I have seen guys walking with just a hat and they put their backpack and bino harness over their Orange vest and you can barely see them.
Safety first

wear at least 500 square inches of solid daylight fluorescent orange or solid florescent pink material above the waist on an outer garment while hunting deer, elk, pronghorn, bear, or moose during a muzzleloading or rifle season. Part of the fluorescent orange must be a hat or head covering visible from all directions. Camouflage orange or camouflage pink does not meet this requirement. Mesh garments are legal but not recommended. Bowhunters are not required to wear fluorescent orange during archery seasons. Colorado Parks and Wildlife strongly recommends wearing daylight fluorescent orange or florescent pink clothes in the field even if you’re not hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back