Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

This also applies to running on a track vs. running on the road. Running in circles would sap my motivation in a hurry. I am much happier running out and back on the road.

QQ
I walk my gravel road that has 1 other house on it, 5 miles round trip and it’s about as good as you will get around here for roads. Gellars don’t like to run.

So the video chat kinda did not work at neighbors, not enough signal. She called me back and we chatted for half an hour. Pallitive nurse. I told her I will drive to where there is 5g next time. Or we will meet in person next time.
I went to Quemado for better signal and waited for oncologist...and waited.
Finally called clinic and they would get back to me and find out where the Dr is. 2 more calls and 2 trips to the dump road to pee I get the signal and there is the doc. It just works, barely.
He listens to my answers to his ?'s and I hear words he has not spoken, like GOOD, excellent and the 1st word of remission....he is changing meds to one I can get and is common,so only 2 cancer pills now. He will get clinic to smooth logistics.
I am to get another full ct scan to see the cancer and condition in next 3 months.
175 lbs in morning gets another excellent.
He smiles for the 1st time and informs me he is handing me over to a partner at the clinic. He is moving out of state.
I say well I hope it is a good state for a good reason and he smiles and says yes. I can't thank him enough for his help.
I do feel better than yesterday.
Positive , moving forward.

The cherry on the day was waking up to find I drew a 4th local cow tag. 4 for 4.
My 1st, 1st choice draw in NM in 25 years of applying.

So far so good!
Great news!!!!!!! and congrats on the draw!!
sometimes it all comes together at once.
keep the faith.
Glenn on the rock.

and for me it's running on a road versus a single track trail.

i'll choose diabetes over road running every time.

This is BS. I could run on a treadmill all day without earbuds and be perfectly content.

Jealous of you folks. My shin splints tell me to GTFO real quick.

This is BS. I could run on a treadmill all day without earbuds and be perfectly content.

Jealous of you folks. My shin splints tell me to GTFO real quick.

actually similar thing for me. on one hand, i just abhor road running and on the other i just always feel pain somewhere when i do it consistently. i just never had those pains when i was putting pretty solid weekly miles and elevation on the trails.

but, now the trails are too far away to do every day and i simply refuse to road run. no time to put the miles necessary on the road bike as a way to stay in shape either.

so, stair climbers

I've been on the treadmill quite a bit this year and was feeling good, but then got Covid (finally) in March, which set me back a ton and really killed my ability to exercise and even breathe for almost 4 weeks. However, last Saturday we went to the Grand Canyon and I hiked down the South Kaibab Trail to Phantom Ranch and then back up Bright Angel Trail, with a couple side hikes thrown in, 18 miles total and over 7,200' climbing in 6 hours of moving time, I felt great, ready for mt. goat hunting!

I am building up to the “12-3-30” plan on the treadmill. 12% incline, speed=3, 30 mins. I presently do 12-2-10. Plan is to add 3 min per week. I do this and back exercises every day. MWF are leg days and T,Th, and Sat are upper body days. Hope to be ready for caribou in the Brooks Range in August!

Attended park run today, but 1 minute before it started a call went out for any medical staff in the run help needed, chap had a heart attack, defib used and brought him back, helicopter flew him to Exeter. So jogged around instead and did a slow 5k 29:35 as it was cancelled,but can't get that poor chap out of my mind, last I heard he was still alive.
Exmouth looked lovely as well
IMG_20230429_094156109.jpg

Wow, that is scary to hear about the guy having a heart attack! I hope he makes a full recovery.

Fell behind early this week so had to rip a 10-miler in cold drizzle today to hit 40 for the week. It was slow but actually quite pleasant- no music on this one, which was kind of nice. I had plenty of time to organize my thoughts into neat, tidy little buckets. Until tomorrow, anyway;)

With the flooding our road has become a detour from the main highway. Traffic has gone from 10 cars a day to what seems like 10 cars a minute. It’s halted my walking for a few days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back