Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

My goals to begin the year were to lose 15 pounds, focus in on some strength training to go along with the cardio I have already been focused on, and also to work on my agility and balance.

Been going well so far. I have lost the 15 pounds and an staying pretty darn consistent with my workouts.

Going to try to lose another 10 pounds which will put me right about where I was when I got out of basic.

Stepped on a scale for the first time since the doc told me to start counting calories... down 4 lbs in 4 weeks. Feeling good and climbing the mountains around here easier than ever. Starting to be able to keep up with some of the teenagers that come out and play soccer with us old farts 🤣

Wow, that is scary to hear about the guy having a heart attack! I hope he makes a full recovery.
He is one lucky guy, progressing well in hospital. He is only early 40's, 2 daughters under 10, so he has a heart attack in a crowd of 400 runners, call goes out, fellow doctors/paramedics/nurses in the run go to his aid, defib in a fitness centre 100 yards away, so relieved his is recovering.

My legs were aching yesterday for running too slow!

Looking forward to this Saturday all ready

been walking every morning. that is the good news. The bad news is I discovered I really like chocolate covered raisins. Weight stable, but not losing.

That’s awesome Southern Elk, dang!

What’s been working for you, anything in particular?
We bought a used commercial grade elliptical machine made by Precor. I try to use it in the mornings and evenings. I burn about 650 calories a day. We have also been dieting. My wife is counting points on Weight Watchers. I have just been eating the healthier food that she buys. We also both gave up drinking soda, mostly diet soda. That was more for our health than for weigh loss.

Ill be doing the Headwaters Relay again this year. And I have dreams of doing the Transalpine next year. I have a goal of running 100 miles in a single week by the end of May (or early June) this year. We will see...
183th7.jpg

I am going to fail my goal.

I made it to over 40 miles in a week (some dreadmill miles because winter) before miserable March. Snow, ice, and mud on the roads most of the month meant I was down to around 20 miles per week, mostly on the dreadmill (its tough running on that thing). April saw me on vacation for the first two weeks which started off with me doing some jogging on holiday before acquiring the sickness that I can only imagine was covid. The sickness stuck with me almost another 2 weeks. So here I am looking at hitting roughly 30 miles for this week. I wont make my goal by end of month. It may have been a bit ambitious.

Good on you guys that are keeping on. Some fine results!

Back