Humvee

My eye doc has the military style..drives it to and from work, hunting...etc...says he likes it.

Having had PLENTY of drive time in those things I would ALWAYS pick a good, capable truck any day. The extra capabilities do not outweigh the uncomfortableness, propensity to break at inopportune moments, horrible handling and cost to run. Just my 2 cents but for the same $$$ you can have a pretty nice trail/street rig. :)

Having put many miles on them I wouldn't want one. If the military says it is used up, then it generally is used up. They are not designed with comfort in mind.

Plus they are diesel and the exhaust is sometime overpowering.

Nemont

I also agree, money would be best spent elsewhere. Maintenance (PMCS) alone can be costly, a set of tires would be ridiculous and one mechanical problem could set up back at least half the original cost. Spent a lot of time in the ambulance version. They are a blast zipping along cross country at night with lights out and NV !

hell no, buy a truck even a jeep. i love when people admire them and then you ask the question, ever drove one? they all say no... i have and will pass on doing it again if i have a choice

Buddy had one in college. We had lots of fun in that thing. But it was not a good daily driver IMO. The 6.2 diesel is underpowered and will barely pull a greased string out a cats ass. Thing would barely do 60 on the highway. But we thought we were pretty cool running around Norman in that thing.

I bought an H2 a few years back for my wife and we enjoyed it but the mileage (about 11 mpg) was just too much. We took a few road trips in that thing and it was ridiculous how much fuel it drank. But they are fun vehicles.

My guess is that those are not highway miles. Better buy two, and use one for spares.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back