Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hoyt Nitrux?

RyanSoNorCal

Any thoughts on the Hoyt Nitrux? Strictly a budget issue for me. Would like a bit of an upgrade from the Powermax and can’t quite afford the next level. Shot the Powermax but not the Nitrux

I have one. It's been a good bow so far. Tuned easy, has enough weight to really be stable at further distance. It had just a little bit more vibration than I would like, a set of cat whiskers on the string took care of that and made it very quiet. Draw cycle is pretty smooth and the back wall is pretty solid. At 29" 70# I'm getting 267fps with a 500gr arrow.

I did end up modifying the grip a little, it has a square edge that was digging into my thumb knuckle, I rounded that off and stippled the back where the palm of your hand sits.

I think the Nitrux is underrated, I never hear anybody talking about it nor have I seen any on the 3d courses this year.

Although the Nitrux is a good bow, it is quite expensive for a “budget” bow IMO.

I would buy a used or a new leftover Helix, RX-1, or RX-3. With the 2020 bows not far from being released you can get great deals from either guys looking to upgrade, or dealers looking to get rid of previous years inventory. Archerytalk is a great place to find deals on used bows if you’re interested.

I would buy a used or a new leftover Helix, RX-1, or RX-3. With the 2020 bows not far from being released you can get great deals from either guys looking to upgrade, or dealers looking to get rid of previous years inventory. Archerytalk is a great place to find deals on used bows if you’re interested.

^^^ completely agree. Take advantage of the people who have to "upgrade" every time a new bow comes out. Don't be afraid to even look for a bow a couple years old. I just bought a Carbon Defiant off of archery talk because I wanted a carbon bow and couldn't justify spending $1,500 on a RX-3. Shoots awesome, super light weight and 1/3 of the price.

^^^ completely agree. Take advantage of the people who have to "upgrade" every time a new bow comes out. Don't be afraid to even look for a bow a couple years old. I just bought a Carbon Defiant off of archery talk because I wanted a carbon bow and couldn't justify spending $1,500 on a RX-3. Shoots awesome, super light weight and 1/3 of the price.
I miss my old Carbon Defiant 34. Was one of my favorite offerings from Hoyt and I've had a bunch of them. You can pick up a nice one for under $600 if you shop around.

^^^Totally agree on used bows. I just picked up a barely used 2018 Hoyt RX1 for $850 and am very happy with it and glad I didn't go and buy a brand new one.

I agree but the problem was I’m a lefty and I couldn’t find a dealer anywhere with a decent 1-2 year old model. I ended up getting a new PSE Drive 3B

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back