Hoyt Nitrux loud?

dcreiss

I just purchased a new Hoyt Nitrux and am beginning to think that the bow is very loud upon firing as compared to others I have shot and been around. First, does anyone else have this experience? Second, any suggestions on quieting down the new rig?

My last few bows have all been hoyt I have a nitrum turbo now and never had any noise issues with any of them . If it is noisy their is prob an issue with it Id go back to the shop and have it checked out

I just purchased a new Hoyt Nitrux and am beginning to think that the bow is very loud upon firing as compared to others I have shot and been around. First, does anyone else have this experience? Second, any suggestions on quieting down the new rig?
My buddy just picked up this bow and we have been shooting quite a bit together to prepare for our September Elk Hunt. In fact we just shot together yesterday and I didn't think that the bow was super loud. I shot it once or twice and didn't really notice a significant noise difference between his bow and my Diamond. If it does bug you however there are some steps you can take to quiet it down;
1. Install string dampeners
2. Make sure every screw is tight, including on your sight and rest
3. Shoot a heavier arrow (helps absorb more energy, thus reducing noise).

Hope this helps!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back