Howdy from California!

MarvB

Greetings. Just thought I'd introduce myself- names Marv Briggs and I hail from very Northern California. Hunt both this state and 1 or 2 others as time (aka: a wife and three little girls) allow each year.

Recognize a few names here that frequent another board I'm on quite often! Good to be sharing yet another campfire with ya!
The best to all of you out there in your huntin' and fishin' endeavors!

MarvB

Welcome to Hunt talk. You will like it here. I also live in Nor CA, but you are a 3 hour drive more north than me. I also have a brother that lives in Willows.

John

greetings from the "not really 'northern' northern california". my name's jeff and i currently reside in oakland of the so-called liberal bay area. hope to hear some good tales from the californians on this board (working on getting my own tales ASAP - could be laid off shortly, which means time to hit the fields for pigs)...

take care!
30-06

Morning to ya -06!

Good to hear from another "Kalifornian" even if he is from the big city hahah!
Good time to be chasen those piggies for the next couple of months- before it turns off too hot and the little buggers go nocturnal.

My last porker hunt was down in the Gilroy area (Pacineas actually) and we got into em' pretty good. I got my best boar to date on that trip- 280# with some pretty decent ivory. The bonus there is that they feed in those barley fields so even the big bruisers make for some pretty good eating!

Good hunting to you and have a nice day- wish I could do the same today myself but I have to deal with yet more BS from our illustrious Gov. Davis..........

Hi, Guys. I am a native southern Californian. I did live in Fairfield for about 8 years and in Modesto for a couple of years, though. Things have sure changed since I was a pup! I hunted with a pellet gun in the fields behind my house in LA County. Now, the SWAT Team would be called out on me! I'm pretty much stuck down here due to family obligations, but I sure get wanderlust every now and then to pack up and move to some more hunter-friendly place. Most of the National Forest in LA County is closed to hunting now, as are the rifle ranges that used to be located there. There are a few indoor handgun ranges, but I only know of two outdoor rifle ranges still open. So shooting often requires a two hour drive out to the desert. :(
I do manage to get up to a friend's ranch near Parkfield, in southern Monterrey County east of Paso Robles for dove, quail, varmint and hog hunting. I went exotic huntng with Oscar in Texas this past January, and will be going to New Mexico this fall for elk and deer, as well as to Bcat's in October.
It's good seeing some Californians on here!

Hello, Californians. I live in Green River, Wyoming, but grew up in Idaho. I've been to disneyland and visited a sister twice in Chico; thats it for my time in California. I'm new to the site also.
MATT

As someone who "escaped from LA" after serving a 33 year sentence for being too dumb to stay in Raton when the Boy Scouts took me there, a hearty welcom to this forum. Can someone tell me what is keeping all those folks who moved into places like Fresno alive? Have they started up more farms? :eek:

Greetings from the garden state, MarvB. Relax, take your shoes off, and set a spell.
If you like serious hunting talk, or discussions on absolute obsurdity, you've found a new home.
Regards
Gun Smoke

Welcome MarvB, To Moosies hunttalk

L.B.

MARVB WELCOME from an NATIVE IDAHOIN...

(OK I was Born In Californias But they would crucify me if they found out :D :D) J/K

Go check me out at http://www.elkaholic.com I was Born In Stockton But escaped at a early stage in life.. Just to MAke it back there for my Teen years... I graduated at 16.. (DROPPED OUT ;)) and went to Switzerland. I move to Idaho from there at 17... Well Anyways I'm 28 now so I've been here for 11 years and a few Months now...

Anyways, All I really Wanted to Post was WELOCME TO YOU and everyone Else in here!!!!

-Moosie
OScar

Hi, John - yep, but it ends this October 30th!!! :D :D :D One of my twin daughters is still living with her mom, and I just bought her a used car. I have to bring it up there sometime in the next few weeks. I'll email you and maybe we can get together? My wife has cousins who live in Oakdale and have a walnut and almond ranch. She's also related to the Burchells, who have the commercial nurseries. When we go up there, we usually stay in Oakdale.

[ 30 April 2001: Message edited by: Calif. Hunter ]

Good to see so many Californians on here!! John and California Hunter have been here a while and I sure have enjoyed them. Good to see some more on here. See ya in the other topics somewhere. :D bcat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back