Hello from Northern California

sureshotshane

Howdy everyone,

Shane here from Northern California. Currently living in Humboldt County, from Shasta County (south of Mt. Shasta a bit). Most my life I've always hunted California (B zones specifically). I consider myself quite lethal when it comes to mountain quail hunting. I am a big game hunter at heart though; deer, bear and as of this year, elk. I do pretty well for deer and bear in California. Last year was my first year hunting out of state. Hunted whitetail in Idaho on my grandfathers ranch and the surrounding National Forest (Panhandle only 3 miles from Canada, 10 miles from Montana). Besides that hunt, I basically strictly backpack hunt (generally there is no point to backpack in for ducks and geese though, haha). However, I do a backpack grouse and quail hunt every year. This year was my first elk hunt (Idaho), best time of my life. I planned this hunt since I could read. Elk was always my dream animal to hunt, because I love the high mountains, backpacking, and seclusion, not to mention they are the most majestic bad a** game animal. Essentially, it was the perfect animal to hunt. My buddy scouted last year, and this year finally made the hunt happen. I'll never miss another elk season again.

I've always wanted to move to Idaho as well. Been trying to make that happen lately and it will! I don't know if I can handle California much longer. Plus I want to be able to elk hunt on the weekends. I don't normally join forums or spend much time on the internet, but I liked this forum better then others and besides the freak occasion (my grandpas ranch), I almost always hunt public land, doing it myself, planning it myself and usually solo hardcore backpack hunts. Need some way to pass the time in between dreaming of next years elk hunt. So here I am.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back