Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Howa Superlite

That’s what I’m hoping. The pic rail looks really thick on them.
Sorry about the clutter, but here’s a photo for reference:
IMG_2186.jpeg

The scope is a Leupold 2-7x33, but obviously plenty of room for a bigger objective. When I raise the rifle to my shoulder I immediately get a clear sight picture with my cheek in the same spot as my REM 700 with a VX-5 3-15x44 in Talley Lows.

Going with mediums was kind of a gut feeling based on the compact feel of the rifle unscoped. I was worried I’d have to crane my neck to get a good sight picture with low rings, and I’m glad I chose what I did. YMMV though.

Last edited:
135 grain Berger classic hunter on left and 140 eldm on the right. There was no cool down time between shots only between groups. I will take that for a 7lb rifle ready to hunt. Only complaint about the rifle is the bolt is pretty rough from what I’m use to but should get smoother over time. Not a fan of two stage triggers so that might end up getting changed out.
B79F6FFF-7CF0-4775-BFFF-4A3BDC676C20.jpeg

135 grain Berger classic hunter on left and 140 eldm on the right. There was no cool down time between shots only between groups. I will take that for a 7lb rifle ready to hunt. Only complaint about the rifle is the bolt is pretty rough from what I’m use to but should get smoother over time. Not a fan of two stage triggers so that might end up getting changed out.
Couldn't agree more on the rough bolt. This was the first 2-stage trigger I've shot and it took a while to get used to, but by the end of barrel break-in, testing different factory ammo, and getting it zeroed, I'm coming around to it. It's a bit of an existential crisis because I don't like going back and forth, but can't decide whether I want a new trigger for the Howa or to switch my other rifles to 2-stage triggers.

Back