Caribou Gear Tarp

HOWA questions here

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
It has been great that Matt from Howa/Legacy Sports has joined the forum and is trying to answer all our questions. I am putting this new thread as a sticky in the Firearm forum so that it is easier for him to find the thread and answer questions.

In addition to shooting guns all day, Matt does have a real job at Legacy, so I want to make this as easy as possible for him.

Please post future Howa questions here.

Howa website it here -----> http://www.legacysports.com/hogue-stainless

I have been really tempted to get me the mountain rifle, but I am holding out until a long action version comes out. Any idea when that will be?

Why did LSI stop importing the stainless steel 1500 in favor of Cerakote? I'd prefer SS over coated. Thank you.

it was a matter of sales. the demand for stainless barreled actions died off, and we can cerakote in house and many people just wanted the look of stainless.

I have been really tempted to get me the mountain rifle, but I am holding out until a long action version comes out. Any idea when that will be?

there is no ETA for a long action Mt rifle as of right now. it may be a possibility for 2017. ill keep you posted on that.

When will left hand rifles be available?

for the foreseeable future, left handed rifles are not going to be offered. unless someone places an order for X amount (in the thousands). its a huge investment to double the inventory to add a left handed option to every caliber and barrel option listed.

Any idea if hinged floor plate or flush fit magazines are in the works for the mini series?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for being a sponsor and for creating good product. Your website and catalog confused me a bit: does the youth gun include the adult stock when it is not the the scope package? I'm referring to catalog number HWR66704+ since it would give me an excuse to, uhh, buy myself a compact rifle while waiting for my boys to grow up another year.

Any idea if hinged floor plate or flush fit magazines are in the works for the mini series?

we do not currently have a hinged floor plate for the mini. and at this time we have no plans to go that route. our main focus is getting all of the caliber options in house first.

Last edited:
Hi Matt,

Thanks for being a sponsor and for creating good product. Your website and catalog confused me a bit: does the youth gun include the adult stock when it is not the the scope package? I'm referring to catalog number HWR66704+ since it would give me an excuse to, uhh, buy myself a compact rifle while waiting for my boys to grow up another year.

we are currently in the process of building a new site. the catalog is the most current info available. going forward, the 2 for 1 combo will not be available. there may be distributors with old stock left over however.

Im sorry if i dont get back to you PM's right away. The fastest way to contact me is through my work e-mail. [email protected]

My National Guard duty has ramped up quite a bit so please be patient with my replies!
I do get back to EVERY single email!

I read on another reputable site that the Howa action has metric construction and a smith needs special tools to modify one. Any truth? mtmuley

I fired my first howa last weekend and loved it, standard blued with 20 inch barrel and 308 in a hogue stock. It shot great, the trigger seemed custom light (sub 3 lb). I figured out quickly that I shouldn't put my finger on the trigger until after I exhaled. I have a rem 7 with a trigger just over 3 pounds and I thought that was smooth and light, what is the stock weight of the factory trigger? I've looked at the catalog some, I would like a kryptek stock with ceracote in 375 without the scope, can I order the setup I want or do I have to live with what's in the catalog?

Question for Matt-LSI from Howa......

Matt,

I have located one of the 2 stock combo 1500 in 243 in a dealer`s rack.
What is the length of pull on the Youth stock??
Sir I see from your earlier replies that you are a National Guardsmen= Thank you for your service to our Nation.

10Dogs

Matt,

Sir I see from your earlier replies that you are a National Guardsmen= Thank you for your service to our Nation.

10Dogs

I think this gives you your answer:

Using the long-recognized Howa barreled action known for its strength, precision craftsmanship and accuracy, in combination with the Hogue Overmolded™ stock, a proven winner in non-slip gripping ability and shooting comfort, this new Howa/Hogue is called the 2•N•1 Youth Model. Built with a 20” Standard Barrel, the 2•N•1 Youth also boasts a shortened 12.5” LOP for proper fit.The best part of this combo is the INCLUSION of an adult Hogue Overmolded™ Stock as a part of the purchase, so that the rifle can “grow” as your son or daughter grows! Save $300.00 by Purchasing the Rifle and Scope Package!An upgraded package combo is also available with an award-winning Nikko Stirling 3-9x42 scope with rings and bases all in the box. The youth stock is available in Black, only, and the adult stock in OD Green, only. What a deal for one price!

I picked up a Howa 1500 in .270 for my girlfriend's birthday. She really likes it! Last week we took it out and broke in the barrel and sighted it in. It was the first time she has ever shot a rifle and she put 2 shots into 1 hole (bullseye) at 100yrds with cheapest box of factory ammo I could find. Now we are just waiting for the weather to cooperate so we can get back out and test some hand loads I made up for her. I love the trigger pull on the rifle...VERY crisp! If this rifle keeps shooting like this, I may have to look for a 7mm mag for myself.

Matt,

10Dogs

thank you!
the measurement of the LOP of the youth is 12.62"
we stopped doing that 2 stock combo, id buy that quick!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back