Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Howa mini action

brockel

Well I broke down and bought a 223 howa mini action. Whittakers was running a 10% off sale which made one of the minis $315 shipped. Not sure if I'll leave it as a 223 or I'll Ackley it. Picked it up to be my coyote calling rifle but mainly to be packed on the trap line with me. Any of you own one of these howa minis? How do they shoot?

I have a Howa mini-action in a .222 Rem. If yours shoots like mine, you will love it.

Big fin I've heard people having problems bumping the mag release on these have you had that problem? I'll probably just cut the release down some so to help with the problem. Maybe some day they will come out with a floor plate for them

Big fin I've heard people having problems bumping the mag release on these have you had that problem? I'll probably just cut the release down some so to help with the problem. Maybe some day they will come out with a floor plate for them

I've not had the problem. I think the release is being, or has been, redesigned to reduce that possibility.

I bump the release on mine on occasion which scares me a bit because the mag is plastic and the range has a concrete shooting area.

I picked up a barreled action in .222 Rem for my son. Hopefully, I'll get around to getting a stock and glass on it by his birthday in November. Sweet little action, looking forward to seeing how he shoots it.

Does anyone know a source for magazines at less that 50 bucks a pop?

a common fix for this has been to file down the latch to a desired length.

I also have the howa mini 222, they shoot great and feel very good. I've only shot paper and a few groundhogs with it but I really like it. The mag release is a bit of a pain but a rubber band will fix that. If they come out with a way to put a floor plate in I'll go that route, good luck I think you'll like the gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back