Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

How to say Thank You?

lumbergreg

I am one of the lucky hunters to draw a 700 pronghorn tag this year. I have never hunted in the southern corner of the state, so I was asking around work for ideas. One of my coworkers has a very good friend that owns a large ranch and said he would ask if I could have access for a few days. Anyway, looks like its all coming together:hump: I am planning to send a thank you letter to the family, but that got me thinking...... What is a proper responce to landowners that allow hunting access? Especially in this case where I have never met a single family member?

offer to help out next spring/summer anyway possible.........also spellchecker is your best friend *response* :D

We used to offer to help but since they never accepted we always drove back out at xmas with a 75$ gift card to a resturant in town and gave it to the mom because she was the one who answered the door the 1st time for us and let us hunt

I've been hunting on a ranch in southeastern Montana off and on since 1978. One of the sons kept a wall tent pitched year-round on the ranch. Two years ago it fell to pieces after about 25 years of year-round exposure to the elements. I bought him a replacement tent--cost $610--well worth the free access.

Like others have mentioned, I always offer to help out around the ranch. If they don't accept, I bring back a couple cases of their favorite beer and some of the meat (if I think they'll enjoy it).

Gate closers are fantastic! I grew up o a cattle ranch and I know how invaluable they are. There are some really neat ones, or if you are a welder, make some for little or nothing. They will appreciate them more than any gift certificate that you could give them. Country people are not in to charity, but they appreciate usable gifts that show you are interested in what they are doing.

Bottle of pendleton if they are drinkers. If not, smoked salmon and good cheese goes long ways.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back