How Shiny is Too Shiny ?- New Down Jacket

TexAg09

Howdy everyone,

I recently got a good deal on an Eddie Bauer Downlight Hooded Jacket. I love that they have tall sizes and I've had great luck with my previous EB down jacket but it didn't layer well. The size and specs are great, but I'm concerned that it's a little too shiny. I bought this for late season backcountry elk and mule deer hunts. How concerned should I bet about how shiny it is? I would be more concerned if it was for bow hunting, but this is for late season rifle. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks!
IMG_20211216_074654151.jpg

I thought this was gonna be one of those posts where someone was unwittingly sitting on the john in the background 🤦🏼

You should be good OP, I wouldn’t think too much about sitting/glassing in that, just minimize movement if you’re concerned!
Hahahahaha it did cross my mind.

Nothing to worry about. You're gonna have to cover most of that coat with glo-in-the-dark hunter orange anyway. Being visibility conscious in rifle season is an oxymoron.

pretty sure i've shot at least one animal while wearing this. it's rarely cold enough for it though. standard glassing/sittin jacket, so it mostly stays in the pack - note subtle blood stains from having quarters smashed on top of it. point being, i'd buy another one just as shiny for hunting if the price is right.

IMG-8694.jpg

Back