How often should I check my trail cameras without messing the deer up?

I had one camera and had it stolen. If I ever get another one I plan to invest in the type that sends you the pictures. Idk a lot about them but Bass Pro and Cabelas had them for around $200 at Black Friday Sale.

as others mentioned, depending on your type of hunting; can you bait? if so, I have a northern WI buddy who checks cams weekly and moves them accordingly on the bait stations and he has it dialed in every year to shoot some real dandy's.

I myself use them as an inventory check and hunt public big woods and check them every month or so...

also like to put them up after the season to see what survived, those cams I put up about now and dont check them until spring

I've never seen any difference in using lithium batteries, except for the cost. I use regular Duracells with no issues. I've learned that bucks seem to have a 3 day pattern on places that I hunt, so it's vital that I know as soon as it starts. I'll check my regular cameras every 3rd day. I like having my cell cameras in hard to get to spots and won't hunt there until I get a pic of a shooter buck. This system has worked very well for me over the last decade.

I have used Duracell pro in the past and they were ok but my local season and scouting is in 100+ degree weather a lot of the time. They didn’t hold up to the heat. Always leaked and corroded a few cameras. Lithiums solved that.

Back