Caribou Gear

How much would you pay for...

i wouldnt pay anything for the hunt but i would pay to access the land.i pay 600 bucks for 2500 acres that i share with 29 other guys.that covers stands, food plots,electricity,lodging and water.but i can hunt that land 4and a half months plus turkey season and can shoot as many deer as i see. last year i took a guided trip for antelope with my son that cost 900 each.factoring in food and lodging i spent 500 each to much.the outfitter didnt do much that he said except put us on property that has antelope and we did everything else ourself.this year i am using a transporter in alaska and the hunt is basically DIY and we are paying for food, lodging,transportation and a finger saying hunt that direction today.there are to many guys here who are willing to help an out of stater or someone who has never killer a particular animal to pay someone to put me in front of one.

Not sure what kind of a deal you are looking at, but I lease a couple of ranches and charge a trespass fee for hunters to access the land and it pays for the lease and I still get to hunt it, works well for me. But where I live we have way more private land then public so that plays into the deal a whole lot as well.

Big Sky said:
Moosie, you are thinking of paying to shoot a 2 year old or younger buck? ;) :D

No, I could go to Montana And have you show me were another one is. ;)

This land, Rumor has it, Has some dandy's on it. Of course I can't hold out for the Big one :p, But they took 3 over 190 last year and Several in the 180 class. 300 Bulls are a Dime a Dozen and Fall bears are Fat.

This fall I'm looking to go up and Check the place out and Go wack me a Bear. They say the bears come into the orchards and they see about 10 bear an Evening. It sounds almost as easy as Killing a bear in Montana. (Tell us about all the bear you've taken in Montana Big sky ;) )

This fall bear hunt will be a one day hunt but will give me the chance to look at the place. The deer hunting will be next year. It's about a done deal. The only kicker is the Bear hunt is in Sept and Moosies #4 kid will come in Sept :D

Haven't seen many big bucks in MT, have seen a couple of smaller bears though. I wouldn't pay a dime to hunt this place. ;) ;)

I would rather spend time hunting with friends from different states and countries than pay for some stranger to show me where my game is. Thats just me. Never been one for guided hunts. Would rather have memories of ggod friends and good times trophy or not. Doesnt mean I wouldnt go on one if someone wanted to send me on one. ;)

Moosie, no I can't show you another young buck. You have met your quota with me. If you come out again you'll have to kill something much bigger. Since you don't like doing that I don't know what to tell you.

I think I've killed just as many bears in Montana as you have, last I checked. I can guarantee I'd kill more bears in Montana if I didn't live about as far from Montana bears as you do.

Moosie,

There is probably a market for it out there though.
Look at what sells on ebay everyday, its crazy!

There are a WHOLE lot of folks that travel to hunt and many are frinds that meet somewhere every year. There is a group of guys that come down from NY every year to deerhunt in my neck of the woods (a couple of farms over)
They are mostly drinking and sleeping late but they are on vacation after all.

I think it could work, you just need to find something to fill in the slow times!

I just am sick of deer hunting because it is so much of what WI is all about that i wouldnt pay for it. So, $00 for me. Now i may pay to get on a private land that had super trophy class as long as i could do it myself but even then i wouldnt spend much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back