Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

How much would you pay for this mount?

OntarioHunter

Client is getting whiney about the price tag of this 31" lake trout replica he ordered. Resized_20230412_180251.jpeg20230412_180552.jpg

$0. Then again, I don't care much about lake trout. Or fish mounts. So probably not the guy to ask.

I looked at doing a replica big laker recently and all my quotes from quality places were close to $20 in. The one pictured is not the quality or size i am speaking of nor is that wood (maybe its a terrible pic) or maybe live fish looked like that but my guess...need about $350

Hard to get a good picture of the mount with low ceiling and glare from flourescent lights right overhead. It's a piece of diagonally cut poplar (I think). Lakers aren't my thing either. My daughter didn't have much to work with. The photo of fish was taken several hours post mortem and in poor light. It was almost black in color by then.

Big lakers are a pain for skin mounts. Too greasy.

This photo in natural light (what little there is in basement) isn't much better.
20230412_175105.jpg

Appears to be a really good quality mount. Replicas are always more expensive than skin. Part of the reason if I'm mounting a fish, I'm keeping it. Last I checked which was a few years ago, replicas were right around $18-$20/inch.

Whats your price for it? I'd expect $500-$600.

Replica mounts are quite the price these days. I about flipped when my taxidermy buddy quoted my muskie. Then he showed me his price to order said materials. I probably could have mounted two deer for the price.

You can get one on ebay for $200 to $500
Yeah, like this POS for $250. Wrong size repro head on a skin mount. Several tears in the skin glued together. Shit for a paint job.

Do a search and look at the crap taxis are trying to sell for hundreds of dollars. Ebay is no barometer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back