Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How many years...

I killed my first deer at 12 years old, the first year I was legally able to hunt, also took a cow elk that same fall.

Elkhunter ;) ;)

...nah, no unicorn (unihorn?)...but when my buddy asked me how wide the spread was on my buck I told him it depends on where he dropped the other beam :rolleyes:

12 years old. 1st hunting season. Idaho unit 66A. Second day of archery season. 10 yard shot on a buck....except it didn't have antlers yet. (Some people might call it a fawn.) Threw it over my shoulder and yelled for my Dad all the way back to camp. Still very proud of that deer.

T Bone

Took my first deer when I was 26 years old, the first year I tried deer hunting. Counting hunting other stuff the years before that, I guess you'd say about 20 years.

started bow hunting at 14 back when there were few deer took up shotgunning at 16 got 3 deer during gun season when i was 18 dry year at 19 then been averaging over 3 deer a year since, 35 now think my totals around 56 whitetails my best being a 148 class 8 point (4x4 for you westerners)

I suppose all of those years in Wa. and not beeing able to get any thing had taught me alot about the sport. It was mostly all self taught, so there was a lot I had to learn and years in which learn it in with out the benefit of lots of game to work with. But if the perserverance keeps up, then one will start to be successful one day. In the last three years I have already scored on two bulls, two deer and a turkey, not to mention a lot of fish and grouse. After beeing in the sparce land of Wa. I am now in the land of plenty..... :D :D :D

Moosie:

When I was 15, I shot my first deer just after sunrise the first time that I hunted. It was a nice little fork horn coast range black tail and I got it with a Winchester '94, 30-30 that I borrowed from grandfather. That was 1963 and I didn't hunt big game again until 1978. That year I got my first and best elk on opening day of the first time I hunted elk. Maybe I have beginners' luck? I got another nice small buck that year too. I have hunted every year since but I didn't see another deer or elk until 1983.

KC

:cool:

I hunted hard for four years,from 1948 to 1952,before I got my first Whitetail.
New york had a "bucks only" law,back then,an I had to pass on about a hundred does during that tme.
Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back