Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

How many trips for a solo pack-out

I found out this year, for me solo, took five trips out of a very nasty canyon head included. Easier terrain I could have done it in four. If you can do a bull elk in less than four solo your welcome to hunt with me anytime, because your an animal!!

First. Props on deciding to hunt elk. Go and tear it up!

Second. Turn off the videos about packing meat. Once you see the gutless method fin shows, you don't need any more. Your over thinking and over analyzing. Most guys either lie about how much they are packing, or the distance.

Few simple "rules". Get rid of all the excess. Hide, hooves, etc.

2. Add an extra trip. You might be all Johnny on it the first trip, but that last one you will have rolled ankles, twisted knees, pulled muscles. A lot better to ad a trip to whatever you thought previous.

3. Anyone who tells you it's fun, or a joy, also has the hottest wife, biggest house, loudest truck, fattest wallet. It's sheer torture. It hurts. And it's miserable. But sometime over the winter the pain memory becomes a smile.

Good luck man.

Dont over think it. Don't paralyze yourself with too much info. In the end, it's just hunting.

There's no set answer. It depends on fitness, distance, terrain, and age. Terrain also means snow or no snow.

If you are a nonresident you have to bone out and clean skull cap in most states prior to leaving the state- so might as well do it at the kill site

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back