How many pairs of boots

Ha! I only wear one pair at a time, the spares fit neatly in my camp trailer. I generally hunt from dark to dark out of my base camp.

The more I think about it, not a bad idea to have a second pair of each, as a backup. Really only one set of Crocs needed. So 13 pairs would be about right.

Vasques are notorious for having the rand separate from the toecap, that is, the piece of rubber over your toes detaches from the material under it. Maybe they have addressed this issue in recent years. I don't know, but also will never buy a pair.

If you're not sold on "looks", you might try to find a discounted $200 boot with cosmetic flaws at 50% off or better. The boot is gonna be beat up anyways, just saying...

Vasques are notorious for having the rand separate from the toecap, that is, the piece of rubber over your toes detaches from the material under it. Maybe they have addressed this issue in recent years. I don't know, but also will never buy a pair.

Yeah, they do separate. Took them a few years in my case. That's why I wouldn't make them a primary boot to depend on. But they're cheap so...YMMV

If you're not sold on "looks", you might try to find a discounted $200 boot with cosmetic flaws at 50% off or better. The boot is gonna be beat up anyways, just saying...

Man I'm always looking for ding and dent stuff but it's hard to find an item when you're actually looking for it. Do you have a website you use for that?

I personally carry 3 pair of boots for hunting:

Knee high waders for very wet areas
Insulated weather proof for very cold weather (I am fond of Gor-Tex) so I got that
Uninsulated for early fall and warmer weather. Right now that is one of my last pairs of combat boots from when I was in the Army.

I also carry a pair of moccasins for flatter country and when conditions allow and for wearing around camp which double as slippers when I have to find a spot outside and to my duty.

One basic rule Randy says in one of his videos is if you are not comfortable, you are not hunting. Everything you do should be oriented toward keeping yourself comfortable and having fun at all times even if your muscles are killing you and you are fighting to find that next breath of air.

I have a tough time passing up a good deal on boots so I have an almost embarrassing amount. I think that stems from hunting here as a kid in $20 Ames work boots with 2 pair of socks and a bread bag on each foot.
I think 3 is a good number, uninsulated, light insulated and heavy insulated. I usually take two pairs on a hunting trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back