How many of you have lost interest ?!?!

You just need a night a week out with good hunting buddy's over some beers! its a stress releiver!

the economy will turn and money will come. if its not the money, do something different! im the same age and it would be tough to change careers IMO but i enjoy mine. BUT, If you dont like it get out. Lifes to short to be depressed. the older i get, it seems life it to short for just about anything tho!

Hey moosie,
Things will get better I think most of us have gone through what you are going through! Going hunting and filling a tag REALLY helps, I did quit my job after 14 years! I didn't think it would work but my wonderful new wife supported the decision and everything worked out! Hang in there!

I've had some big LOWS the last couple of years. Just keep after it it will get better. Sorry I can't be of more help on the work thing, as I am extremely grateful to have a job that I never hate going to.

I also say try miller's advice. Being active is a good time to think and reflect. Many times good ideas can come to one then.

Went through this a few years ago, and I am only 30 now! It went from bad to worse for me. At the worst I even took a leave of absence, went hunting for a month and a half. came back and by the end of the week I was back in the same depression that I was in before I left. I had a good paying job, but I had gone as high as I could. It bored me to tears, and I was not at all happy. I quit and tried something that didn't work out.

so now at 30, I am searching again. Luckily I have a few skills so I can find work several places...doing the same old crap I was before, but make much less money at it now!

I am applying for things I WANT to do in several states, but things are very slow. Hindsight is great, I wish I had gone to school to be something like a pharmacist. looking at it now it would be a dream job. I could move to any state at any time and have a job that paid 100k+. Looking at going to school now isn't very exciting, a licenced pharmacist takes about 8 years to achieve!

Mooseman, Count the plus's and the minus's and see which one wins. You've got so much good in your life, that even a little bad seems monumental. A lot of wisdom in these few posts. Think about some of them then count your blessings and get down on your knees and say "Thank you Jesus".. then get off your ass and get back in the gym.

Went through this a few years ago, and I am only 30 now! It went from bad to worse for me. At the worst I even took a leave of absence, went hunting for a month and a half. came back and by the end of the week I was back in the same depression that I was in before I left. I had a good paying job, but I had gone as high as I could. It bored me to tears, and I was not at all happy. I quit and tried something that didn't work out.

so now at 30, I am searching again. Luckily I have a few skills so I can find work several places...doing the same old crap I was before, but make much less money at it now!

I am applying for things I WANT to do in several states, but things are very slow. Hindsight is great, I wish I had gone to school to be something like a pharmacist. looking at it now it would be a dream job. I could move to any state at any time and have a job that paid 100k+. Looking at going to school now isn't very exciting, a licenced pharmacist takes about 8 years to achieve!

So you would be 38...big flipping deal!!! Go back to school and I bet you will make more money when you graduate then you would if you didn't follow this dream. I bet you will be making more money than most 38 year olds!

So you would be 38...big flipping deal!!! Go back to school and I bet you will make more money when you graduate then you would if you didn't follow this dream. I bet you will be making more money than most 38 year olds!

I agree. Don't get hung up on how old you are. It's not going to get any better. :D

After 11 years of barely scraping by and doing only as much as necessary, I went back to school at 29 years old and pursued what I really wanted to do. I am SOOO happy I did. It's not at all easy, but few things in life worth doing are easy.

You guys who are not happy where you are at today really only have two choices. Stick it out and be unhappy, or do something to change your situation.

You guys who are not happy where you are at today really only have two choices. Stick it out and be unhappy, or do something to change your situation.
Yeppers. 'Course that probably applies to my waistline as well... :eek:

Agreed, on all points - including my waistline ;).

My older brother, who got me into title insurance, got laid off many years ago, and at almost 40, went back to school. He finished his BS and got his MS. Now he works for USF&W in Washington, has tons of time off, a great retirement plan and other great benefits....and he is doing what he likes to do in a much better location than So Cal.

Cali- If your brother's retirement plan is considered "great" by comparison to those offered in the private sector I'd hate to see what they are.

On another note, the health care field is definitely one that has few limits on opportunity. Though she has no desire to do so, my wife could move to most any place and make bank as a contract nurse. If I was really in a quandry as to what to do or where to do it, I think the field of nursing should be worth a look. Heck, I know a ranch manager that got tired of what he was doing, quit, went to ID State and was nearly the head of his class (nursing) and was as old if not older than most here that are looking for a change.

Back