How many of you conceal?

Do you conceal? How often?

• Yes - every day

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • Yes - most of the time

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Yes - Just certain times/places (church, stores, gas stations, restaurants, theaters)

Votes: 24 17.8%
  • Yes - But infrequently

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • No - But have CCW

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 33 24.4%
  • Don't have to with these guns *kisses biceps*

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters
I'm not saying I don't carry concealed (I do every time I'm with my son) , or don't agree with it. I'm just saying the whole point of carrying concealed is for the general public not to know you're doing it. My reply was kind of tongue in cheek about telling people you carry when it's supposed to be secretive. Sorry there's no sarcasm font.
Yeah, the first part of my reply was sort of sarcastic also.
I know a few people that carry legally. Some of them should but some of them definitely shouldn't.

Why get a CCL if you don't carry? I always think in the back of my head, nothing is gonna happen but sure as h*ll the one time ir does will be when you left it home!

I carry much less after moving to a much safer area to live and work. I've carried in town on maybe two occasions in the last year. One was on a visit to a place where there was a credible communicated threat to my life/suggested witness tampering. I couldn't really avoid going and took several other precautions, but yes, chose to carry.

The only time I've used a firearm "defensively" was while carrying a condition 3 handgun in a gym bag back into my home from the range. I wouldn't say that was intentionally concealed carrying, and it was within feet of my front door. I didn't have to remove it from the bag or brandish it, but the person of concern quickly went from my worst enemy to my best friend. It was kinda comical even in the moment.

this must be a state by state thing. i bought a handful of firearms while i had a permit and always had to be background checked.
You still have to do the background check in Oregon but I hear it's a much quicker approval. I'm not sure there is anything official, but I know a lot of folks who say that their approval was instant after acquiring their CCL.

That's the only reason I'm considering getting a permit. Every time I buy a gun there is a hold. After about 30 minutes my FFL gets a call back and asks "Are you So-n-so Jr?"

"No. There is no Jr. in my name."

Then they approve me.

this must be a state by state thing. i bought a handful of firearms while i had a permit and always had to be background checked.
I believe it is...It nice not to have to wait on the NICS call. We don't have constitutional carry and open carry is illegal here. I also think it depends of CC requirements...South Carolina Law Enfocement Division, SLED, handles CC here not the county Sheriff. I had to pay $75 bucks for background check and had to be finger printed by off duty LEO. They pull your DMV photo for CC hard card.

Last edited:
You still have to do the background check in Oregon but I hear it's a much quicker approval. I'm not sure there is anything official, but I know a lot of folks who say that their approval was instant after acquiring their CCL.

It used to be that you could put your CHL number on the BCG form and it would help. I used to always be instant. Then last year in April or May the State Police went to their new system (in anticipation of the Measure 114 "permit to buy a firearm" system), and ever since then I've not been instant.

Local firearm shop guys say that now a CHL makes no difference in background check wait times. Thanks Oregon.

I don’t carry at work because I don’t want to leave in the truck while I’m in a tree. I carry most of the time otherwise. Different scenarios different guns. Xds .45 on the regular, fn 509t with red dot and tlr8 green when doing things like security at church.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back