How many griz incidents this year?

Horn Seeker

I am losing track... counting a couple in the park, I think we are on a record setting pace, if not already well past it.

NW corner, couple in park, couple in gravellies... one in Gallatin??

Ya there has been a couple in Idaho too! Way to many. Plus a cougar attacked a 10 year old boy just outside boise. Thankfull they shot it, boy just had some scratches.

I believe two in the Gallatins. One this spring and then the guy chewed on a little bit a week or two ago.

I didn't know there was one in the Gallatin. Have the news article by chance?

What bears?

There are alot more than we think out there and with limited food. Sows with cubs spotted down on the flats. A bit over populated?

Filled available habitat, sure. Genetically sustainable, yes. Over-populated? I don't know.

Either way, it's a banner year for encounters. Be safe, and be aware.

Filled available habitat, sure. Genetically sustainable, yes. Over-populated? I don't know.

Either way, it's a banner year for encounters. Be safe, and be aware.

Yeah, I guess it all depends on what over-populated means.

Seems like we've had "banner" years for the last 5 years though.

More archers and more bears in the woods means more conflicts. I'm all for delisting, and think we've hit the biological criteria. If the number of archers stayed the same as it was 20 years ago we'd not have as many conflicts as we do now. Because we've grown that segment of the hunting public 100% in 20 years though, it's bound to happen. It's inevitable.

Shoot straight, or have a slower friend.

Back