MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

How many days do you rifle hunt specifically for deer in your home state?

How many days do you rifle hunt specifically for deer in your home state?

• Total voters

Hammsolo

How many days do you rifle hunt specifically for deer in your home state? Please add which weekends you hunt in which state in the comments. This arose from the discussion on changing the deer season length in Montana.

I put 4 for an average. I don't rifle hunt deer a lot.

This was a big issue years ago in NV when they changed the season lengths in a lot of areas to approximately 16 days. Some are about 9 days and a few low density areas are a full month.

Surveys were showing less than a week hunting overall.

So if someone had a 1 month season, the best they were getting was 4 to 5 days.

Now most hunts get you 2 weekends. Rifle anyway.

Muzzle loader is about 25 days and archery is about 30.

I typically hunt 6-7 of the 11 day season in Wisconsin - but they aren't exactly full days of hunting and they are out of my back door. I do not participate in any of the "shoulder seasons" to kill does lol

In Az. 6 or 7 days, + 2 days
scouting and 2 days travel time.
40 yrs, no deer!
Even hunting the Kiabab! :cry: 💥

0 in Iowa. No rifle season. (OK, technically can now use straight wall cartridges during shotgun I think.)

I archery hunt deer in IA probably 8 to 12 days on average each fall.

I usually try to draw a black powder deer tag. Take 5 days off, out if the 9 day season that tag has here in Idaho. If I don’t draw, usually 2 weekends, so still about 4 days of general rifle.

I usually don’t hunt deer until I fill my elk tag, but on average it’s been 5-10 days in Montana. When I was in Wyoming I never had time to hunt mule deer and I shot one whitetail doe in one day.

After I killed my bull this year I hunted 2 days, decided that things were bad and I didn’t need to kill a deer, and hunted birds instead.

There are 6 gun seasons in IA ranging 5-21 days. I voted 3 days, which is about avg for me over the last several years. The earliest I’ve ever gun hunted is the second week of December, and most of my hunting days are in January.

I can rifle hunt in central tx from first weekend of November until second weekend of January. I hunt as many of those days as I can.

The two weeks in January are spike/doe only.

Until I get one or the season ends… Mostly get one opening day in CO…hunted like 20+ in MA last year trying to figure it out.

6 this year in MA

My response isn't an option in your list. I'm in WA state and seasons and harvest on the farm don't get along very well, so for several years it's been "0" days. Started hunting MT in the late 90s because a later and longer season gave me a better chance to try and get out for 4 or 5 days.

My home state was only three, but around 30 days where we have property in another state an hour and a half away.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back