Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

How many days do you rifle hunt specifically for deer in your home state?

How many days do you rifle hunt specifically for deer in your home state?

• Total voters
I hunted 24-26 days rifle this season in Montana, youth season 2 days, every weekend of general season, some week days, and the last two weeks solid.

we have an unfair advantage down here as the "rifle season" runs from mid-October to 1 January or so each year

All depends . I get a landowner tag in ND and some/most years I don’t shoot one with gun but will hunt 8-9 days before I head to Montana. Then I’ve hunted all 16 days of black powder also . Some 24 days some years . I went like 7/8 years without shooting one with a gun now I have in consecutive years on days 5 and days 9 .

I archery hunt hard the first two weeks of November for rutting whitetails. Our gun opener is usually the 2nd or 3rd Saturday. If I didn’t get it done with a bow I will hunt the gun opener.

Zero. I live in Southwest Florida and I have a lease in Alabama and also hunt in Ohio once a year For a week.
Last year I was fortunate enough to be able to hunt about 35 days in Alabama 20 of which where consecutive and during the rut.
For decades I hunted hogs and turkeys in FL but I never really hunted deer here.
Although I am a nonres I consider AL my home state for hunting.

I don’t usually hunt rifle deer at all, but I voted 6 days, that’s usually what I spend hunting with my wife and kids since they prefer rifle hunting.
Matt

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back