Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

How many days afield?

Oak

Expert
So how many days did you spend hunting last year?

I spent a grand total of five. Two days deer hunting and three days elk hunting.
Results: two elk, one deer

Unfortunately, school has to be a priority over hunting right now.
rolleyes.gif

Oak

I spent a total of about 10 this year. That was before my car wreck! Does driving count? I spent 6 days going to/from AZ
biggrin.gif
I normally get around 30-40 days though!

Two to three days a week from Sept. 1 'til Jan. 31 bird hunting except when I'm deer hunting every day for a week. Then usually about six or seven days turkey hunting and a few days ground squirrel shooting. Then about a day a week the rest of the year exercising the dog on wild birds. Then some time fishing and camping and scouting around. Generally about a hundred days a year. 50 or 60 of them hunting.

That's not very good! I gotta quit working so much!
biggrin.gif

Probably about 17 days. Too bad i'm married and have a job or it would be more like 60
hump.gif
hump.gif

CO Oak:

Eliminating Vermin (prairie dogs) 9 days
Scouting for Elk 11 days
Hunting Hogs & Javelinas 3 days
Hunting Sage Grouse 2 days
Hunting Deer/Elk 11 days
---
Total 36 days

Ithaca37 is sure right. That's not enough. I work too much.

KC

I try to spend a few hours everyday out just looking. Actual day dedicated to elk hunting is 1 per year.

I spent 59 days this year... Cpunting Mornin's that I slipped out hunting for duck for jsut a few hours before the days work or just a 1/2 of a day.. this also counts day Traveled, like days to Montana and stuff... It was the most I've ever spent I'm sure in the field... this year will be close. I'm trying to beat it by at least one day.. BUT, lots of factors !!!

My 2002 year tallies to about 74 days of hunting. Some of it was scouting, but I got 1 javelina and 3 catalina goats while doing that, because we have year round hunting and I carry my gun. I made three trips to New Mexico and I had a friend from Co and a friend from NM come here, I counted that although it was more their hunting, but I hunted other things while they were here and got some stuff too.

I'm here almost everyday, talking hunting stuff.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back