Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

How many days a year do you think about hunting?

How often does hunting cross your mind?

• 365 days a year (obsessed)

Votes: 138 76.7%
  • ~360 days a year (in denial just like I was)

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • ~300 days a year (a lot, but not ALL the time)

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Only during hunting season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never (why am I even on this forum?)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Not only 365 days a year, but I also dream about it just about every night (if not every night). Everything is relative to my Chama trip, ie: Oh that is only 2 weeks before I leave for Chama, or if I see something for hunting, I need this for Chama, or How can I use this for my trip to Chama? I am obsessed, and I need help- I'll get it 31 weeks from today when I leave for Chama

Last edited:
I think about it everyday but I dont consider it an obsession as it doesn't effect or detract from my work or other activities. Hunting has been a lifestyle and hobby of mine since I was a young boy. I’m 59 these days. I think about something to do with hunting everyday. It might be a memory or a thought about gear or even if that extra helping of ice cream or if a pizza I about to order will make my azz look big in my hunting pants.

365 but I don't consider it an obsession. I've been in the Back Country of Santa Clara county CA. since 1984. I LIVE in a hunting rich environment. I watch for "my" herd of elk every morning and they are here today. I watch for the patterns of the wild piggies daily both to hunt and to make sure they don't come too close in. I watch the deer for the new fawns every year and the first nubs of the bucks when they start to grow their horns. It's just my way of life.

Nah I'm not obsessed. I grew up in northern WI and got to ak as a young man in love with everything outdoors. Good thing I learned what I did because we depended on moose, caribou, salmon, rockfish halibut n such. Wild berries. To feed our family for quite a few years. If I wasn't working I was hunting fishing n foraging with the family. Grew a big garden.
We were selected to go stake 20 acres of remote land and I did. We always wanted a log cabin in the woods so we built one. Actually my beautiful wife says it's just something I had to get out of my system. We still marvel at how we pulled this off.
For me it was another way to be out in the bush and I knew I wasn't getting any younger and feeling more spry. And having a cabin in the middle of nowhere to base out of. Where I can kick back n just chill or go explore AK n all she's got to offer. We're at the base of Denali so great views. If you're into snogos we have 6-10' feet. Just don't break threw n end up in an open creek 12' down. Keeps it kinda exciting though. But usually can cruise around in a tee shirt or work on your tan with these beautiful sunny 45 degree days.
All the while keeping an eye out, reading what the wildlife in the area are doing n where there at.
I enjoy training our chessy to hunt antlers. Then summer. My beautiful wife has let me go bumming at the cabin for 2 n 3 month stints. Pretty cool when time matters no more. Your now on God's clock.
We're also on the moose road kill list. So kinda always have to be ready to go do that. Always going through procedures in my mind. And since we have moose near daily around this time of year. Hey when I see a moose I'm probably playing out where vitals are, I'll own it. Especially after you've been chased in your own yard. Oh well we all gotta get along to get through this.
In one form or another I'm out in the bush. And getting ready to bring my little buddy along. He's 5 now. Actually Ruby is his dog. Papa helps. But it's certainly my pleasure. Our family has had 2 chessies before this girl. They fit our lifestyle. And she can hunt too. And she's part of the family, we're all in this together.
Giving kids n grandkids opportunities to go n get out. To always have a special place. Where you can still go be on your own. To be able to hunt trap fish explore enjoy n share. Our public lands and all that it has to offer

Kinda just noticed seems some folks can't stop thinking, writing when it comes to hunting n such

Every single day, much to my wife and bosses chagrin. At least I manage to stay off HT on my work computer....so far.

Hunting not as much anymore, fishing is a different story. I often dream about catching fish and there’s not an hour that goes by without thinking of about it

I spend about 2 - 3 hrs a day thinking about hunting. I hunt / scout / etc. 365days a year; there is no off-season. It’s not a hobby - very much a piece of my identity at this point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back