How it's made.

That’s so cool! I wonder how many they can crank out in an hour and if the machines have the ability to run automatically, to eliminate needing someone there while they work.

That’s really cool. I was shooting some today. @mtmuley do you know what happens with the shavings? Seems like it would add up and could be used for something.

That’s really cool. I was shooting some today. @mtmuley do you know what happens with the shavings? Seems like it would add up and could be used for something.
Pretty sure it's recycled. Good question though. I'll ask Steve. I know they recycled a large amount of copper rod in the beginning searching for the perfect material. mtmuley

Pretty interesting. P.O. Ackley talked about copper bullet's ed made, he seemed to really like them. He made then on a lathe. I can't imagine turning out a hundred copper 22 cal bullets on a lathe!

Setup is pretty simple for this. The shavings fall in the bottom of the machine. When the pile up there's a conveyor that dumps them in something to be recycled. What's great about the machines is you can run many different grains, and calibers on them without changing material or tooling. Just have to select the program for what you want and go to town.

I ran a machine like this only on a much larger scale when I got out of high-school. The machine I ran was right at a million dollars. That was in 1996. I can only imagine what one costs now.

Cool video! Ran a machine shop for a few years. Yes, all chips are recycled for sure, that’s money. Honestly didn’t know machined bullets were a thing but I guess that makes sense for more reliable ballistics.

If only primers and bh 209 were as simple :D

When I want to take a nap I always look for how it's made on tv....makes me fall right asleep...lol. I love the content, but that mono-tone voice.... :)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back