Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

How far is your commute to work?

Curently have to buck a big 12 minute commute....but the traffics not bad at 4:45am ;)

Closet I ever lived to work was in my Forest Serivce days...a whopping 4 block walk each day!

The farthest? I guess if I look at the fact I was "living" in SW Oregon and working in John Day, OR; Pend Oreille , Idaho; and Leavenworth, WA...that was a bit of a drive.....hump

I drive a whole 1.5 miles and recently began wondering if thats to far to drive for my current job.Was nice to go home for lunch but now limited to half an hour for lunch so I'm stuck there for the whole 11 or 12 hour day.

My office is 40 miles away, but I only go in Mon., Tue, and Thurday. I work from home on Wednesday and Friday. When hunting season gets here, I'll probably go back to working 10 hour days and then not work on Friday.

The new job is a 4 day work week on a 2nd/3rd shift scheldue. But Monday I will be doing a 6:30 pm to 7 am (12 hours). The job I quit was a regular day shift 5 days a week with a drive of 30 miles one way and about 14k less a year based on 40 hours.

The closest drive I had was 8-12 minutes when the drawbridge was down.

2.5 miles one way and that takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 1/2 hr depending on who I bump into at the coffee shop where I get my morning fix on the way to work.

Nut,
Eighty-eight (88) miles each way! Plus 12hrs+ at work, makes for a pretty long day.But,I work 7 on 7 off, so it aint so bad.The drive takes me along 35+ miles of the Big Horn River,15 miles of beautiful canyon, and about 15 miles of lake shore. Game encounters include whitetail/mule deer (sometimes too many),an occassional elk, Bighorn Sheep,antelope, coyotes,pheasants,chukars,ducks,geese,ect. and very few people. Damn how I hate living in Wyoming :D -memtb

About 5 miles to office & back home...but close to 30K miles a year to different building sites, material suppliers, etc.

I drive about 6.5 miles. It takes about 13-15 minutes at 6:30 am, but going home at 5:00 pm usually takes about 25 minutes.

Longest commute of my career must have been about 35 miles, all country roads, took the same amount of time regardless of day/time.

Shortest commute was <1 mile.

Have a sign and decal business that I run from the house. I have to make a trip every once in a while to do a bid or install but I enjoy getting out of the house every so often. Would not trade it for the world. I have done the corporate job with the travel and had enough. Also have the real estate license for Idaho and Utah. I love the travel to list a property or home.

Thad Okerlund (meatinthepot)
bigfootsigns.com
oasisrealty.net

longest I've ever done was 45 miles one way...but it was 43 minutes there, about 4 1/2 hours home...it's tough to leave when she starts taking off her clothes....currently it's about 4 miles, and hopefully about to be 13, just waiting on my background check.

I've driven about 76 miles each way every day for 13 years. About to move a little bit further away - right at 95 miles. I travel quite a bit and have a lot of flexibility as to what time I show up and leave.

I don't mind the long commute as it allows me to plan out my day, get some stuff taking care of via cell phone. By the time I get home, I've forgotten whatever I was ticked off about at work.

Everything comes with a price. I wouldn't raise my kids in a city for anything, but I can provide for them a whole lot better by working in one. My wife runs a very efficient household which allows me to still spend more time with them everyday when I do get home than most parents do.

60 miles one way.......rotating 12'swith a couple days off after every set of shifts, but every 5th week is a week off....hump

I have been driving about 20 miles each way every day since I graduated High School. I lived about 20 miles from the University I went to, then we moved to WA, and lived about 15 miles from work, then I moved to Boise and drove about 15 miles, which like Papa Moose said took about 45 minutes, 3 hours on days it would snow. But now I live in Southeast ID and I live about 18 miles from my work and it takes less than 18 minutes to get there, but we don't have all those dumb bastards from California clogging up the roads. No offense dumb bastards from California.

I have to admit that California Drivers are bad, but so are the Oregonians that come here.... They are always weaving in and out of traffic and going 20 Miles over the Speed Limit..... Those are the bastards here!

:cool: :cool:

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back