Caribou Gear

how far do you generaly walk

D

Delw

from where you park your truck. to set up for calling? And yes I know some guys can hunt from there trucks.

Delw

I usually get 100 yards or so from the truck. I park just before I go over a hill and walk over the top and park my butt. I would rather be makeing another stand than walking to a spot and back.

I usually have to get 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from the road, and that far away from a FARM! Nothin like calling in the neighbors dogs! Cats are an exception.......

californiacoyotes: I do that also but everytime I do I see a better spot 10 mins away (where there is no road). pretty soon I'm 7 miles from the truck and ready for a nap. And thats when those snakes come out then it takes 5 hours to get back. and its dark. hehe

Delw

from where you park your truck. to set up for calling? And yes I know some guys can hunt from there trucks.

Delw
Usually around 1-2 miles away from where I park down a trail and across 3 creeks

I'm interested to hear folks replies on this one. Might depend on the terrain or part of the country you hunt in. This year it was a 2 mile hike for me. Not ideal, but the closest I could get to the roosting tree with my truck was 2 miles out. I'm sure there are closer spots, but I haven't found them yet.

I'm interested to hear folks replies on this one. Might depend on the terrain or part of the country you hunt in. This year it was a 2 mile hike for me. Not ideal, but the closest I could get to the roosting tree with my truck was 2 miles out. I'm sure there are closer spots, but I haven't found them yet.
I think they are referring to predator calling. Not turkey hunting.

Lol seems like a rash of 20 year old threads being reborn. Since I remember most of the posters I suddenly feel a tad vintage myself.
How about you @noharleyyet, feeling a bit vintage right now??🤣🤣
I'll soon have shirts older than both knees Marv...a vintage ride with new suspension. Can't wait to cruise the hills with it.

Back