how does one hunt wolf in alaska

tnctcb

i dont know much about alaska but most states you can order permits and liscence on line and they will mail them to you just check out alaska f&g dept.

sup everyone im new to this and im thinkin of planing a future hunting trip to alaska and i was jus wanting some basic info on wolf hunting there like
- how easily can i attain a permit being from kansas
-and how would i hunt them once i got there if i wasnt to have a guide

thanx, if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it

hello kg,

Up here in alaska a wolf tag for non-residences is $30 plus you need a hunting license $85. Most people I know come up here hunting some other big game animal that you are more likely to harvest. Then use the remaining days to mess around trying to get a wolf.
Best time is winter and most use snow machines or trap them. It is definetly not easy to find them. I think you would have way better odds to go with a guide, But then the cost would be way too much for a wolf pelt.

just my thoughts though,

montana boy

I'm not really sure HOW to hun tthem, but I'm sure they go down like they do here in Idaho... Errr I mean so I've heard
wink.gif

Seriously though, I'm buying a $30 tag this year when I head up, I figure it's a small investment for the Chance !!!

Back