how does one hunt wolf in alaska

tnctcb

i dont know much about alaska but most states you can order permits and liscence on line and they will mail them to you just check out alaska f&g dept.

kg

sup everyone im new to this and im thinkin of planing a future hunting trip to alaska and i was jus wanting some basic info on wolf hunting there like
- how easily can i attain a permit being from kansas
-and how would i hunt them once i got there if i wasnt to have a guide

thanx, if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it

montana boy

hello kg,

Up here in alaska a wolf tag for non-residences is $30 plus you need a hunting license $85. Most people I know come up here hunting some other big game animal that you are more likely to harvest. Then use the remaining days to mess around trying to get a wolf.
Best time is winter and most use snow machines or trap them. It is definetly not easy to find them. I think you would have way better odds to go with a guide, But then the cost would be way too much for a wolf pelt.

just my thoughts though,

montana boy

Moosie

Grand poopa
I'm not really sure HOW to hun tthem, but I'm sure they go down like they do here in Idaho... Errr I mean so I've heard
wink.gif

Seriously though, I'm buying a $30 tag this year when I head up, I figure it's a small investment for the Chance !!!