PEAX Equipment

How do you celebrate a successful hunt?

Ontario, put down the shovel and gavel. Look at people’s responses. I believe your feelings about smoking are valid. How did you misconstrue sharing a cigar once a year for chronic smoking? This discussion isn’t about winning and losing. Do you need to be “right?” I hate McD’s and believe it’s every bit as bad as smoking, but did I pass judgment on the reply? To each their own...
This started out as me saying I don't party with booze after hunting because it screws up my sleep pattern. I don't smoke cigars either because it's stinky, dirty, and stupid. Somehow that becomes me calling people at the bar who smoke stupid. Not what I said. Not at all. It would be stupid of me to give a small fortune to a tobacco company so it can make me sick. So I don't. I was talking about me and my choices. And then Europe came right out of left field with the PETA-ish suggestion. I mean really, just because I get a bit awed by the animal I have downed instead of tipping the bottle and joining the village whoop-up, I should stop hunting? Huh?

This started out as me saying I don't party with booze after hunting because it screws up my sleep pattern. And I often wake up in the arms of strange men. I enjoy hunting bears but not THOSE bears. I don't smoke cigars either because it's stinky, dirty, and stupid. Somehow that becomes me calling people at the bar who smoke stupid. Not what I said. Not at all. It would be stupid of me to give a small fortune to a tobacco company so it can make me sick. So I don't. I was talking about me and my choices. And then Europe came right out of left field with the PETA-ish suggestion. I mean really, just because I get a bit awed by the animal I have downed instead of tipping the bottle and joining the village whoop-up, I should stop hunting? Huh?
Nobody cares.

Growing up, shooting a whitetail was all business to my dad and uncle.
After the shot the only concern was recovery and field dressing.

Over the years as I hunt more by myself or with close friends, I've celebrated and shown my excitement more. When accompanied I get more excited about their shots and kills than my own.
When a buddy makes a hard shot on a bird and drops it dead I tend to be more excited than them! Expect high fives and smiles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back