How About A Couple Oddities

shrapnel

I saw these listed in an auction and wanted to get one as they looked kind of interesting. I put bids on both and ended up with them. They are fairly uncommon and add to the novelty of collecting and shooting old guns.

They are Whitney Phoenix in 38 CF and 44-40. I was in a gunsmith shop and saw he had an even rarer gun and had to buy it too. It is a Whitney Phoenix in 20 gauge...

DSCN1583.jpg

DSCN1570.jpg

DSCN1576.jpg

DSCN1577.jpg

Those are very interesting. Always liked the old single shots, just never picked one up. I'd have to try to shoot something with the 44-40 if it's safe to shoot

I have shot them and they are safe to shoot with handgun loads...

DSCN1556.jpg

Where do you find ammo for these calibers and guages. I assume you maybe reload but you still need brass. Anyhow, it is all very cool to see themes old guns!

Where do you find ammo for these calibers and guages. I assume you maybe reload but you still need brass. Anyhow, it is all very cool to see themes old guns!

Ammunition is still available in factory loads for 44-40. The 38, however is still on the drawing board to find cases and the right bullet to get it working. It will shoot 38's but not real well...

Back