PEAX Equipment

House Passes Gun Legislation

If you voted for someone that said he was going to make bato from Texas his GUN CZAR then you should be happy . bato opening said on national tv " hell yes I'll take your ar's and ak's away ". Guns don't kill. People kill. Guns don't have fingers.

Here's HR 8, the background check bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/8/text?q={"search":["hr+8"]}&r=1&s=1

HR 1446: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1446/text?r=5&s=1

I don't like 1446, personally. I'd rather we put resources into NICS than extend the 3 day period to 10. That doesn't do anything but clog the sytstem up more, and I don't think it does anything to make us safer.

HR 8 seems to have split the hair fairly well on background checks. Family & Friends are exempt, as are transactions in good faith. It's really about the commerce side of the issue. I may have missed the big boogey man in there, but closing the gunshow loophole does make sense to me.

Last edited:
Here's HR 8, the background check bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/8/text?q={"search":["hr+8"]}&r=1&s=1

HR 1446: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1446/text?r=5&s=1

I don't like 1446, personally. I'd rather we put resources into NICS than extend the 3 day period to 10. That doesn't do anything but clog the sytstem up more, and I don't think it does anything to make us safer.

HR 8 seems to have split the hair fairly well on background checks. Family & Friends are exempt, as are transactions in good faith. It's really about the commerce side of the issue. I may have missed the big boogey man in there, but closing the gunshow loophole does make sense to me.
Can you translate please? I have no problem with closing the supposed gunshow loophole. I don't see where you can give a gun to a friend. Did that a couple of weeks ago. Thanks so much.

So if I'm reading that correctly, I can still loan you a gun that you can take hunting without my presence? Is that right? But I can't allow you to take a gun target shooting unless I am there (or unless the gun remains at the shooting range).

Given my middle class status, this sort of stuff won't really affect me. So I guess I'm fine with it. But it will likely be used to tack on extra charges against less privileged criminal suspects. Sucks for them.

Can you translate please? I have no problem with closing the supposed gunshow loophole. I don't see where you can give a gun to a friend. Did that a couple of weeks ago. Thanks so much.
Good catch. It's Temporary Transfer that they got.

So I think an amendment about F-T-F sales would be in order to broaden this for private transactions where there is no expectation of illegal activity (sale/gifts to friends.)

That's what I get for reading too quickly!

Section 3: Sub F

“(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to—
“(A) a law enforcement agency or any law enforcement officer, armed private security professional, or member of the armed forces, to the extent the officer, professional, or member is acting within the course and scope of employment and official duties;
“(B) a transfer or exchange (which, for purposes of this subsection, means an in-kind transfer of a firearm of the same type or value) that is a loan or bona fide gift between spouses, between domestic partners, between parents and their children, including step-parents and their step-children, between siblings, between aunts or uncles and their nieces or nephews, or between grandparents and their grandchildren, if the transferor has no reason to believe that the transferee will use or intends to use the firearm in a crime or is prohibited from possessing firearms under State or Federal law;
“(C) a transfer to an executor, administrator, trustee, or personal representative of an estate or a trust that occurs by operation of law upon the death of another person;
“(D) a temporary transfer that is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm, including harm to self, family, household members, or others, if the possession by the transferee lasts only as long as immediately necessary to prevent the imminent death or great bodily harm, including harm to self, and the harm of domestic violence, dating partner violence, sexual assault, stalking, and domestic abuse;
“(E) a transfer that is approved by the Attorney General under section 5812 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986; or
“(F) a temporary transfer if the transferor has no reason to believe that the transferee will use or intends to use the firearm in a crime or is prohibited from possessing firearms under State or Federal law, and the transfer takes place and the transferee’s possession of the firearm is exclusively—
“(i) at a shooting range or in a shooting gallery or other area designated for the purpose of target shooting;
“(ii) while reasonably necessary for the purposes of hunting, trapping, pest control on a farm or ranch, or fishing, if the transferor—
“(I) has no reason to believe that the transferee intends to use the firearm in a place where it is illegal; and
“(II) has reason to believe that the transferee will comply with all licensing and permit requirements for such hunting, trapping, pest control on a farm or ranch, or fishing; or
“(iii) while in the presence of the transferor.

So if I'm reading that correctly, I can still loan you a gun that you can take hunting without my presence? Is that right? But I can't allow you to take a gun target shooting unless I am there (or unless the gun remains at the shooting range).

Given my middle class status, this sort of stuff won't really affect me. So I guess I'm fine with it. But it will likely be used to tack on extra charges against less privileged criminal suspects. Sucks for them.
I don't read it like that.

Section F deals with temp transfer, the little i's are the conditions of that subsection. Those activities are allowed with the gun being solely in the possession of the transferee.

bird hunting is about to get a little weird in this country

Attachments

• download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    5 KB · Views: 7
I don't read it like that.

Section F deals with temp transfer, the little i's are the conditions of that subsection. Those activities are allowed with the gun being solely in the possession of the transferee.
But if you have my gun at home or in the truck without me, you aren't at a shooting range or going hunting (if no season for weapon in possession). Therefore, illegal.

I mean, we're splitting hairs, but important to know what is actually allowed.

I would think big I & II would cover the transportation issue. But, it could be better lined out, so another good amendment.

Why is it that a few folks on a newsgroup, admittedly one an attorney, can pick out things in a bill that the House couldn't see?

This is just a start for the Dems, if they get there way over the next couple years we will be lucky to even own a firearm. So say that isn't possible , I say it is . And our hunting future will be in danger also with new restrictions on Federal lands , BLM and more which will be coming with this crackpot administration.

I appreciate the tone and tenor of this post (so far). Before things go sideways, I think it's important to point out a few things:

1) The House is gonna do what the House is gonna do. It's all for show and donors (mostly)
2) The Senate is evenly split and thus Gun Control measures are unpassable unless they kill the filibuster
3) Joe Manchin will not allow the filibuster to be killed

Based on these three points, no GC legislation will pass for the next two years (for sure), and probably the next 4 are safe.

By all means, keep buying every gun, cartridge, bullet, brass, primer, and pound of powder on the shelf, it's good for the industry, the economy, and the country.

The bottom line should be: will this have a significant effect on violent gun crimes?

Are there any stats out there showing what percentage of violent gun crimes are committed with guns that were legally purchased under the "loopholes" being closed by this bill? I assume they exist, but have they been publicized/consulted in relation to this bill?

Gees, talk about complicated! Our Canadian licensing system accomplishes the same thing but is much more practical and efficient.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back