Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hot,hot,hot!

cjcj

Phoenix hits 116 degrees; hottest day of 2007

Casey Newton
The Arizona Republic
Jul. 4, 2007 07:28 PM
Independence Day marked the hottest day of the year in the Valley so far, but the worst may be over - for now, anyway.

The mercury reached 116 degrees at Sky Harbor Airport, just shy of the record 118 degrees recorded in 1989.

"There is a very strong area of high pressure that has been over most of the state," said Valerie Meyers, a forecaster with the National Weather Service. "Depending on how dry the air mass is, we can get some very hot temperatures."

But the temperatures and heat warnings didn't seem to deter fireworks-seekers.

Javier Esparza, 53, of Phoenix, was among the tens of thousands that arrived at Valley events before it even began to get dark.

"If it wasn't hot, I'd be surprised," he said. "It's kind of like having Christmas in summer' it wouldn't be right, you know?"

The National Weather Service has forecast a high of 115 for today, one degree short of the record set in 1983.

Temperatures should taper off through the rest of the week, reaching a relatively balmy 107 by Sunday.

Still, there is no rain in the forecast for at least the

Yeah we watched the celebration last night after making it through the balmy 114 degree day ourselves.....I'm officially ready for Fall now hump

...at least cj didn't post the obligatory 25 yr. old pic of him in his daisy dukes chillin' in the kiddie pool.:eek:

I only show recent pics of my over the hill Wife.hump .. trust me you don't want to see me in my daisy dukes these days, sorta like larry the cable guy in thong ...... only I have a better tan.:D

We've had a most unusual spring & summer so far. It's usually triple digit high temps w/high humidity. With all the rain, it's rarely been in the 90's. Many displaced families due to the flooding.

I feel sorry for my Mexican friends coming over the boarder. I might drive down and bring water for them.....

A-Con keep a few clouds around will ya. If we finish this tournament tonight the oldest daughter might be down your way (Galt) for a tourney on Sat...nothing says softball like 112 degrees......

Our Weather has been as Odd as I have seen it in a while, Rain, Rain and more Rain. I quit using Gold Bond Powder on my Gonads, now I just spray them with Bleach and water! So far no Mildew!!! John

I feel sorry for my Mexican friends coming over the boarder. I might drive down and bring water for them.....

Give me a heads up so I can have you arrested for "collusion":D

I don't think your white ass could take direct sunlight:) :p :D

Problem is we don't cool down... it was 96 deg. at 5:00am we go from hot to hotter.... at least you guys up north cool down...into the 70's

Russ,,your one sick puppy...

The weaterman said its only going to get around 80* today and then in the 90's for the next 2 or 3 days...Back down to the 70's by the weekend though..

I need to move to the coast were it get hot at 75*hump

Hunterman(Tony)

LMAO Tony... It's all an experience and thats what life is for... :D

BTY 114 in the shade today, I'm hoping to hit 120 before I jet out of this city... :)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back