Caribou Gear

Horse Rentals

If you can look up Topgun here he knows a lot about that area.

I have never rented horses primarily because most of the outfitters get the good horses first.

I horse camp in the backcountry with our geldings all the time. Frankly, unless you're really experienced with horses, are you quite sure you're capable of taking on the responsibility? If a shoe starts to come off, are you prepared to deal with that? There's more to riding a horse someplace, tying them up, and going hunting. When I have mine out, they are always on my mind. It's almost easier to have a friend or spouse babysitting them, than to try to hunt and wonder if they're OK? You can cover a lot of ground on a horse, but they tire out too. I walk mine up and down the steep stuff, just because it's the right thing to do. They are also smelly and noisy, so not always an asset to have. That said, I also hunt far off the roads, with the knowledge that they can pack out an Elk that I just wouldn't want to deal with. That's my 2 cents.

Call Mantle's outfit out of Pavillion. I think its Vogel or something now that the daughter is running things...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back