PEAX Equipment

Hornady Custom Lite Ammunition

Two7D

What are your experiences with accuracy and terminal performance with this ammunition? I was thinking of trying it in my daughter's 7mm-08 for a deer hunt. Is the felt recoil significantly less? Should we stick with 'regular' loads?
Thanks

I bought a box or two of it for my 270. Seemed to shoot fine at the range but the two times i used it hunting i had issues with it, i.e. bad shooting/poor performance. May have been a coincidence, but it was enough for me not to mess with it again. Weird.

My wife has taken 5 WTs with the 7mm08 ammo. All with one shot each. On paper, the target well. I will not change her ammo as it clearly works well. I reccomend it.

My Grandson has a Savage Axis Youth rifle in 7mm08 that he got for Christmas when he was 11 years old. He was sensitive to the recoil of the standard loads, so we bought him some Hornady Lite ammo, and he enjoys shooting the rifle now. Groups were decent at the Range, about moa, and we sighted it in at point of aim for 100 yards, since the shots at deer are usually less than that. He shot a doe with it the first morning he took it hunting, and it was a one shot- one kill scenario. The bullets loaded in the ammo are designed to expand at the lower velocities that the Lite ammo has.

My Grandson has a Savage Axis Youth rifle in 7mm08 that he got for Christmas when he was 11 years old. He was sensitive to the recoil of the standard loads, so we bought him some Hornady Lite ammo, and he enjoys shooting the rifle now. Groups were decent at the Range, about moa, and we sighted it in at point of aim for 100 yards, since the shots at deer are usually less than that. He shot a doe with it the first morning he took it hunting, and it was a one shot- one kill scenario. The bullets loaded in the ammo are designed to expand at the lower velocities that the Lite ammo has.
+1
sam.jpg

I've had great success with the Hornady lite. It has patterned good enough for the ranges it is intended. I have not had good experience with the Remington reduced recoil loads. Not sure if they still make them. They use corelokt bullets and don't expand well. The Hornady are a much better product, they have worked to start all three of my kids out.

They pattern really good out of my Remington 700 in .270. planning on using them for deer and antelope this season

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back