Caribou Gear

Honkers are coming back

Nemont

Bored today because of the holiday so I took a little drive around and look at all the birds that are back. I saw thousand of geese flying today. They seemed to be stacked up in flights of 50 to 500 as far as I could see. So I took a few pics.

P2190561.jpg

P2190559.jpg

P2190562.jpg

P2190579.jpg

P2190567.jpg
P2190569.jpg

The big flocks left in Dec. Maybe they only went as far at the Yellowstone but there were thousands out there yesterday.

Nemont

Still 4+ feet of snow here and 2+ feet of ice on the lakes. Seeing those pictures gives me a little cabin fever. Going up to Canada after lake trout this weekend, maybe that will help....

They seemed to have left in December here in Boise as well and for whatever reason I'm seeing a lot again.

This whole year has been off. I generally only hunt ducks, but this year they were not as thick as normal. Shot wood ducks up to the last day of season, usually they are gone after the first part of season, and the geese were thin numbers compared to years past.

I've been talkin to the Brotha's and they said the Honkeys are comin' back too...... ;)

MAn those are some good pictures, this last year was By farthe OWrst Duck/goose season I've ever had. Mostly because I idn't go out but 3-4 times :(

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back