Holy schpit!!! That's crazy!!!

Big Sky

I live in a little tiny town where nothing ever happens. Well nothing until today. Heck they had us on lock down at work for quite a while. They caught this nut job within shooting distance of my home. Glad they got him before he reached my neighborhood.

BELT - A man who is wanted in Virginia for attempted murder was arrested in Cascade County near Belt on Thursday after leading several law enforcement agencies on a chase.

Laurence Alan Stewart II is wanted in Stafford County, Virginia for two counts of attempted capital murder, two counts of burning or destroying a dwelling and two counts of manufacturing an explosive device in connection with a pipe bomb incident on October 30 in Virginia.

Stewart was also wanted in Virginia for indecent exposure, obscene sexual display and violation of a protective order. He reportedly detonated pipe bombs at the homes of his ex-girlfriend and two officers who were investigating the indecent exposure charge against him.

Details of the chase and apprehension were released by the the Cascade County Sheriff's Office just before 2 p.m. on Thursday.

Sheriff's deputies were dispatched to assist the Montana Highway Patrol in the pursuit of a stolen car in Judith Basin County that was headed toward Cascade County. The initial report stated that the driver of the stolen vehicle, Stewart, was throwing what appeared to be pipe bombs out of his vehicle at the pursuing vehicles.

The tires on Stewart's vehicle tires were damaged with stop sticks east of Armington Junction, but Stewart was able to continue toward Belt and was eventually forced into the ditch by a sheriff's patrol car.

At that point, Stewart got out of the car and ran, and was reportedly armed with a handgun. Officers chased him and eventually captured and arrested him.

The case has now been taken over by the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

A press release from the sheriff's office states that the chase and apprehension included the Judith Basin County Sheriff's Office, Montana Highway Patrol, Great Falls Police, Customs & Border Patrol, Malmstrom AFB Explosive Ordnance Disposal unit, US Marshals, the FBI and the ATF.

No serious injuries were sustained by any of the responders or Stewart, although one sheriff's deputy sustained minor injuries, including scratches and pulled muscles, following the foot chase of Stewart.

Belt Fire, Belt Ambulance, Great Falls Emergency Services and Mercy Flight were also on stand-by.

We will update you as we learn more.

I had run home for lunch and I could hear sirens when I was at the house. Then I heard a faint explosion, more sirens and they were getting closer and louder. Then all of the sudden there was a loud explosion and even more sirens. Next thing you know there's over a hundred cop cars, a helicopter from Homeland Security flying down our street. They caught the guy just across the park from our house. You could actually hear them yelling at him from our house. It was crazy...and just a little too close for comfort. Glad it all worked out well.

Time to move out of the ghetto, you could upgrade to Sun Prairie!:D

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back