Hog hunting

Weathered Horn

I was wondering if anyone had any info about hog hunting in Utah or Southern Idaho. I am trying to put together a hunt for a few of my hunting partners, but would like to stay closer to home this time around. Thanks in advance for any help.

Todd

Not me, but I will give you a warm welcome to Hunttalk....
Welcome!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the welcome fellas. I was once registered here long ago, but got lost for a while. I had to reregister as I did not remember my id or password. I am glad I finally made it back to moosies.

Thanks again
Todd

I know a little about a private hog farm hunt in Southern Idaho near Twin. I've never gone there myself, but have talked to several that have.

Its what some may refer to as a "canned hunt". Its not much for the actual hunt. Its more of a kill. There are few mature animals because of the high kill rate.

In my opinion, I'd go to California and hunt for real wild pigs there. Are you looking to rifle or bow hunt?

Thanks for the help T Bone. Its kind of a mixed bag of weapons. Some of us want to hunt with a bow, others with handguns and rifles. It is kinda looking like we are headed to Cali at this point, somewhere near Hollister.

Elkhunter... I'm not sure what my user name was, but I would guess that it was Utbowman. That was the name I used most back then. It was around a year and a half or more ago though. Sure loved it when I was here before.

Wethered Horn.. I remember a UTbowman.. I think he was coming to Idaho for a bear hunting trip ? I think.. Was that YOU ?

BTW.. WELCOME HOME bud !!!!!!

That would be me Moosie. It was a good trip and got to see some beautiful country while I was at it. Never did fire a round, first day and a half passed on a few smallish bears, and then they dried up for the rest of the week. Oh well, thats hunting right.

Thanks for the welcome back, and thanks for the member info elk hunter. I think that I'll just stick with the new ID though, it is the name of the outfitter that I now work for and I really like the name. Plus I havent shot my bow for just over a year now... stupid shoulder injuries anyway!!!

Talk to ya later
Todd

I remember seeing you here, that was about the time I came on I belive..Welcome back..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I actully like the new name better.
wink.gif

It is a good name and it is good to have you back. I didn't know if you wanted the info or not so I sent it to you anyway.
smile.gif

There used to be a place near Corinne(sp?) that had hogs and goats for shooting. Don't know the name, but could find out for ya if you're still interested.

You bet 1 pointer. I had a friend that ran hogs on the bear river a few years ago, but doesnt do it any more. I dont know if it is the same place that you are talking about, as I dont recall him having any goats. If you can get me some info that would be great.

Thanks
Todd

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back