Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hobby: Day Trading?

Trailing stops.

Options :D You don't want to do that. There is a reason you have to apply for options trading. Don't ask me how I know.

Heh! Sounds good enough. I'll focus on learning ETF's and reduce my oops events. :)

I'm pretty darn confused and trying to figure what the hell I'm doing wrong. BCRX I sold @ $1.93 made. 05 per share though my sell AGAIN was at the start of a healthy rise to $1.98! I could have made at least another. 02-.03 per share.

I screwed the same pooch earlier on TSL and holy smokes that stock has not stopped making .20-.30 a share the past 3 business days! I made a whoppin. 08 per share. Wow! That would have been one hell of a ride if I understood where the heck i messed that opportunity up! That 3 day run could have made an easy $2200!
Meh, least i profited off these stocks though i see i hold a lot of opportunity to improve.

Trailing stops.

Options :D You don't want to do that. There is a reason you have to apply for options trading. Don't ask me how I know.

Does the trailing stop prevent a larger loss if the stock opens for the day below the actual stop? Say stock closes at $10. You paid $8. You establish a sell order to trigger at any point the price falls to $9 thinking you have $1 of profit locked in. Massive stock market slide occurs (think 9/11) and stock opens at $7. Your stock sells at $7 and then rebounds above $8 in a few days or hours. The market had a quick sell off/rebound a few days ago related to incorrect report by Associate Press on their Twitter feed about an event at the White House.

Does the trailing stop prevent a larger loss if the stock opens for the day below the actual stop? Say stock closes at $10. You paid $8. You establish a sell order to trigger at any point the price falls to $9 thinking you have $1 of profit locked in. Massive stock market slide occurs (think 9/11) and stock opens at $7. Your stock sells at $7 and then rebounds above $8 in a few days or hours. The market had a quick sell off/rebound a few days ago related to incorrect report by Associate Press on their Twitter feed about an event at the White House.

And that is why stocks suck. Yes, your sell order will be one of the first inline when the market opens and the stock is 15% below your triggered stop :D

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back