hittin' the bag

Gila

I have a fall bear tag. The season opens around the 1st of Sept. Changed strings, tuned the cams. I changed sights to a single, lighted pin this past March and wrung that out with a couple hundred shots. Just settling into form now and trying to be consistent at 40 yards...then I will vary the distance. I made a dozen arrows and will cull the top 6 as contenders. Then in about a month I will be using practice broadheads (tuned). Writing this reminds me that I need to get the bow kit together as I will be packing it in for a few days. Anyway, time to hit the bag now...

Kit includes:
wax
allen wrench
Bowmaster
Strings, cables
d loop cord
peep sight
Serving

Did i forget anything?

Good point. I have a multi tool in my backpack...sort of works in a pinch anyway.

Broadhead sharpener? I keep a worksharp guided field sharpener in my pack. It's small, works well, has a broadhead tool and small storage area built into it. For around $30 it's worth it to me as it's great for keeping my knife sharp as well.

Good point...I have a 6 inch ceramic steel in my kill kit that sharpens everything.

Yep worksharp has a ceramic in 3 different textures. I use the ceramic steel and leather strip more than anything. A sharp knife and broadhead are 2 of the things I will not hunt without.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back