Hiring

I can understand your point if there was a definite snotty tone to her question, but overall I would not have a problem with that question. You say there’s no ego involved but I hate to break it to you, it is. When you immediately throw up a wall to a question, that’s ego. I think that you’re also forgetting that the interview process is for both parties to ask relevant questions. She obviously wanted to work for a company that does more than just pay their employees. If all the companies in the US only relied on their taxes and employees wages to contribute to organizations and communities, a lot of people and non profits would suffer. It’s no different than Joe Blow member of the public. If we all went through life not making donations or volunteering time, our country would not be what it is. “I work and pay taxes” is not a sufficient answer for me and “We support 50 families and pay taxes” is not a sufficient response for a company in my opinion.

I will never question that we live in the greatest country in the world but that doesn’t mean that we should stop trying to improve it. Wouldn’t you be proud to work for a company that made donations an organization that helped veterans or better yet went out of their way to hire vets?
I can appreciate your position but still stand by my comments. I am EXTREMELY proud of our organization and what we do. I do not feel it necessary to elaborate on all our company does beyond paying taxes and providing for families. The point is if you walk into an interview having not done any research on the organization and pop off with a snotty question, you will piss me off and be asked to leave.

I can appreciate your position but still stand by my comments. I am EXTREMELY proud of our organization and what we do. I do not feel it necessary to elaborate on all our company does beyond paying taxes and providing for families. The point is if you walk into an interview having not done any research on the organization and pop off with a snotty question, you will piss me off and be asked to leave.
Fair enough

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back