Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hiking Packs for Day Packs (Elk/Mule Deer)

The idea being you hike back to get a meat hauling pack if you shoot one? If your essentially just day hiking any pack works... it just sucks to waste the time and effort walking back to the truck to get your pack on the first trip.

The idea being you hike back to get a meat hauling pack if you shoot one? If your essentially just day hiking any pack works... it just sucks to waste the time and effort walking back to the truck to get your pack on the first trip.
What's your exit strategy for getting meat out if successful?

Not poking fun or being mean but I want to point out that I feel like I once read on this forum to not be concerned about seeing guys at the trailhead with bookbags and fannypacks because they're obviously banking on not getting in deep because they'll be concerned about getting back to the truck in time to grab their other pack

If you're on a horse with the pack on, I wouldn't want a pack with a frame for safety and bugging the horse reasons.

I use my Kifaru frame with a guide lid for a day pack, then I can pack out one load right then and there. Lots of extra walking if you take a day pack and have to go get your frame to start packing. Plus it’s really not any heavier than a regular day pack. Did the same thing when I ran an eberlestock mainframe.

Don't know how much gear you tote around for a day's hunt, but I'm seriously considering the MR pop-up 28 for a day pack. I personally don't carry all that much gear while hunting, so the pop-up 28 would work well for me, plus it's capable of hauling meat.

I've been using an Osprey Kestrel 38 for a few years. Very light, the belt is good enough to strap a Kifaru Gunbearer to, it has a built in hiking pole attachment, pretty good hydration bladder pouch, and it expands big enough ro haul out a first load of meat and gear. It doesn't do great with heavy loads, but good enough for me. Comes in a decent color green, built in rain cover is red though. I wish it was a little quieter, but that's probably an issue with a lot of packs.

I have an eberlestock x2 for sale in the classifieds. It’s served me well for a hunting daypack that can haul meat. Check it out!

the x2 is awesome I use it for both. If I had a picture I had a front and rear quarter from my buddy’s cow elk this year in my x2 internal frame there great have had mine for 8 hard years still holding up great.

Back