Hiking/hunting boots??

pointingdogsrule

I'd like to invest in a better pair of hiking boots that are water/snowproof & of course light weight. I have looked at the Kenetreks (advertised here). The price was a little more then expected..... not saying it's out of line for the product.

I'd like to use them for colder weather elk hunts and deer hunts so I suppose insulated would be good. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

good luck to all
the dog

I used a pair of Rocky Gritarmor boots before I got my Kenetreks. Not a bad boot in the $140 price range.

Attachments

• rocky1.jpg
    rocky1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 556
Whats your price range? This is the reason Kenetrek came out with the Terrane boot, Kenetrek quality, but under $300.

Check out Ebay, kenetrek sales stuff that has been returned for whatever reason pretty often.Some on there now as a matter of fact .

Last edited:
My go to hunting boot.

LO108870492.jpg

Lowa Hunter Extreme GTX

I have always had decent luck with the Danner Pronghorns. They come in many different insulation varieties.

I really like my Meindl Perfekts. I got them for under $300 as well, but I think I will be buying Kennetrek or Lowas next.

I've got LOWA sheephunters and love them. I also won some irish setter elk hunter boots with thinsulate that I also really like

+1 more for the Lowa GTX. I tried the Kennetreks but they just didnt fit my feet. I found the Lowas on Shoebuy.com and they were 20% off. I would pay full ticket for the next pair any day.

That's a great price. I might have to look.....nevermind, I should probably wait before I get a new pair.;)

1-6.jpg

Hey Miller, how about I just borrow a pair of those nicely "broken in boots". I bet they are very comfortable. Thanks for all of the advice.

good luck to all
the dog

Hey Miller, how about I just borrow a pair of those nicely "broken in boots". I bet they are very comfortable. Thanks for all of the advice.

good luck to all
the dog

Lowa's are 9.5 and Kenetreks 9's. Hope you have small feet.:D My beat up Lowa's, 3rd in line, are still my favorite for the mountain. First pair of Kenetreks are still my go to work boot. Both brands are great boots, just prefer the Lowa's for hunting. Your foot may differ.

How do the lowas and kenetreks size compared to your shoe size? I ordered a pair of danners that were bigger than I expected and now they just sit in the closet...I would hate to do the same thing with a pair of boots that cost that much

Last year I decided my old Danner Pronghorns had seen enough, and since I had been getting more serious about hunting out west I wanted to get a boot more suited to the mountains. Here in MN There just wasn't much for options and i ended up getting a pair of Meindl (Cabelas) Denalis. Anyone else have any experience with these? They have been good so far, but not sure they will hold up like the Kenetreks or Lowas.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back