Hiking Boots ?

buckykm1

For next year I want to get a lightweight pair of waterproof Hiking boots, for Elk hunting, I normally wear a 10 D with regular socks, I would like to be able to wear a pair of wool socks in the ones I get.
I only get to use them about 10 days a year, so I am looking for something in a reasonable price range.
any suggestions ?.

at 64 years old, there is no reason to wear the 5 pound a pair boots that I wear now most of the time, I would like to find a decent boot in the 2 to 2 1/2 pound range.

Thanks
Kevin

I love my Zamberlan Guides. I wear them in all but the coldest weather just fine. You'll pay a bit more, but boots are the one area I refuse to skimp.

I watched Steep and Cheap and eventually snagged a great deal, but my feet are easy to fit.

I have several boots to choose from depending upon the weather and how much hiking/terrain I'll be covering. My "go-to" favorites are my Scarpa Kailach that I use and abuse. If I want to go a little lighter it's tough to beat Lowa Renegades. If I'll be hunting in deep snow I like Lowa Tibets. Those are my 3 top choices. If I was just going to have 1 boot it would be the Scarpas. I've used my Scarpas for everything from several Alaska sheep/goat hunts to Wyo elk and antelope hunts with great results...never a complaint. In fact, I wear them everyday for my job.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back